Telluride - See Forever Trail

2:20 a.m. on July 6, 2009 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Spent the 4th of July weekend camping in Silverton, CO for two nights and drove over to Telluride for a day hike on the 4th. We took the Gondola up to Station St. Sophia and made our way over to the See Forever Trail. Looking at the map, the trail made a nice giant loop that connected to Bear Creek Trail and made the whole hike just over 8 miles. We were hoping to come down Bear Creek Trail along the water and see a beautiful waterfall, but about 2.5 miles in See Forever Trail was closed off. However, the portion of the trail we did hike was awesome. Some pretty steep climbs at times, but nothing too strenuous that an average hiker could not handle. Some great views along the way, with the best at where the trail closed near Lift 9. Since we could not continue our original plan, we decided to run the descent back down the mountain, bypassing the Gondola ride until we made it all the way back in to the town of Telluride. Great fun for us and the dogs! I highly recommend putting Telluride on your list of places to visit. I only wish we had the opportunity to complete our original plan. Next time!! (Also, next time we go I will definitely be taking my mountain bike.)

11:04 a.m. on July 6, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Nice trip report it sounds like you had a enjoyable weekend.

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply