Romsdalsalpene and Sunndalsfjellet, Norway.

2:33 p.m. on July 16, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
595 reviewer rep
672 forum posts

My 14-year old daughter and I just did a 9-day, hut-to-hut hike across these two ranges. My wife drove us to the trailhead and came along for the first few days Romsdalsalpene is some of the "best of the west" in Norway, very rugged and verdant mountains. The trail goes against the grain, over a series of high (relatively - ca 1300 m) ridges and passes, with one hut right up on a ridgetop. We then descended 1300 m into Eikesdalen, where there is a gorgeous, fjord-like lake, took a boat ride across, and hiked up into Sunndalsfjellet. This is more of a mountainous plateau, with valley bottoms mainly in the 700 to 900 m range and so above treeline. The huts on this side included a British lord's fishing retreat and an old summer farm where people would take their livestock up out of the valleys and live for the summer.

According to Facebook you can use this link to get access to the photo album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28327&id=1045156129&l=3f785ae0fd

Let m know if it doesn't work and I'll publish elsewhere.

I've been planning this one for a while. With one or two more days it can be done as a "train station-to-train station" (Ã…ndalsnes to Oppdal or Kongsvoll) hike.

4:09 p.m. on July 28, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
595 reviewer rep
672 forum posts

I put the same photos here:

http://gallery.me.com/rstrimbe#100135

so hopefully everyone can see them. And here's a teaser, from day 3 of the trip:

3:02 p.m. on July 29, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Thanks for posting the photos, the trip looks fabulous. I much admire your hut system, I hope to take a trip to Norway someday and experience it myself.

5:46 p.m. on July 31, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
89 forum posts

cool

3:47 p.m. on August 14, 2009 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
133 forum posts

Very nice pics. Deffinately missing the mountains right now.

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply