Gonzan, how was your Grand Teton hike?

10:43 a.m. on September 28, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

I emailed you asking how your Grand Teton hike went and have posted in trip planning asking about it. Did it go okay, get any good pictures, plan to post a trip report? After all my planning and making a map I am curious how it went?

11:42 a.m. on September 28, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Hey Gary, sorry I haven't replied yet, I haven't had access to internet except for at work since I got back, so I hadn't seen your questions until now.

I was very disappointed, as I wasn't able to get away from my business trip long enough to hike the Tetons. My conference was over in Dubois, about 2hrs away. I would have had to take at least a day and half away from my conference to make the overnight hike. I was greatly looking forward to making that Granite Canyon Trip, and was quite frustrated it didn't work out. I definitely plan to do it sometime. Thank you so much for your recommendations and advice, I feel bad I didn't get to fully utilize your generous help.

I did get to go up into the Shoshone National Forest and spend one quick night there, as it was right outside of Dubois. The peaks there were about 12,000ft as well, so it was still a good outing. I will try to get a trip report up tonight with photos!

12:19 p.m. on September 28, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Sorry you didn't get time to hike the Tetons.

Well, hopefully next summer I will be back in Jackson Hole again. Then maybe you can sometime get back there and we can do a hike. I would go back now, but work is harder to get in the winter. Once I move back and get a good job I will probably stay with it for a while. I have not had a full time job since leaving there last year in March. I really miss Jackson Hole after maiking it my summer home for 30 years. I stayed there about 5 winters over the 30 years but never liked the snow as much as the summers.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply