Buckskin Gulch Dayhike Sept 2008

2:36 a.m. on October 29, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,282 forum posts

This is a slideshow of a dayhike a friend and I did in Mid-September 2008 in southwestern Utah. Buckskin Gulch is a cool place to walk 13 miles down a very long slot canyon.

. If it does not play above go to Youtube and search for my video under my username cpatflgaz . 

9:25 p.m. on October 31, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I haven't ever been in a slot canyon out west, they are quite interesting.

12:54 a.m. on November 19, 2010 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

I have been thru Buckskin 5 times in the past 10 years and never saw that much water.

10:38 a.m. on November 19, 2010 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,282 forum posts

My hiking buddy and I did Buckskin Gulch in the spring of 1999 and there were three pools at the beginning that after slowly evaporating all winter had the thickness of a chocolate milk shake. Our legs got coated with the thick mud, but we figured evenutually we would find some clearer water to wash it off. After the three pools  at the begining near Wire Pass entrance, we did'nt find any water till we came to the Confluence with the Paria. But being our vehicle was back at Wire Pass we had to walk back out Buckskin and wade the 3 pools again. We did'nt get our legs and feet washed of properly till we got back to Kanab. By then the skin on my feet had dried and cracked to the point of soreness for a week.

Some day I plan to hike up the Paria from Lee's Ferry to the head near Bryce Canyon. Some year when the winter snows are good, so the Paria has water all the way down.

November 21, 2014
Quick Reply