Mt Washington benefit climb

1:03 p.m. on February 11, 2011 (EST)
121 reviewer rep
582 forum posts

Last Sunday the 6th, my father in law, friend and climbing partner Dunderdan, and I left to climb Mt Washington in dedication to the Big City Mountaineers program. We made it quite high, only about a mile left to the summit, but we needed to turn around due to weather.

Weather above tree line was terrible but fun. Winds at the summit and just below got as high as 103 mph sustained, and we were slightly sheltered below the Lion's Head rock, so winds only reached 30-50 with higher gusts.

About 20 other people all turned around at the Lion's Head rock stating they couldn't find the trail, winds were too strong, and there were white out conditions.

All in all we considered the trip a success because we raised $700 for BCM and made it up and down safely. I'll post a couple of videos below.

1:25 p.m. on February 11, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,996 forum posts

I'm glad your trip was a success, iClimb, even if weather changed your plans.

Hope it was fun.

(p.s. I fixed your videos above. YouTube apparently changed how they generate some links.)

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply