Moving

4:28 p.m. on March 19, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

We are moving on the 1st., not to WV or NC but to Walhalla SC. Still looks like it will have all that I am looking for except for the snow. Can't have everything I guess.

10:29 p.m. on March 19, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Walhalla eh?

If you haven't already, you will definitely have to go see the Walhalla fish hatchery (you can drive there) and hike to the Ellicott Rock Wilderness area!

There is a short little trail called the East fork trail (follows the East Fork Stream) that takes you from the fish hatchery out to the Chattooga River and Ellicott Rock wilderness. The trail is almost entirely under tree canopy and makes for a nice cool hike.

12:31 a.m. on March 20, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Congrats Mike to you and the wife..Hope it's great! Wish someone would have told me the weather is in the 80's in SC right now...I had to be here to help my borther move and you know how the military handles a move...It's jacked and I am here an extra week to include the Apartment complex.Uhg!!!Supposed to be hiking this weekend but I couldn't abandon my brother and his wife...

12:31 a.m. on March 20, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Congrats Mike to you and the wife..Hope it's great! Wish someone would have told me the weather is in the 80's in SC right now...I had to be here to help my borther move and you know how the military handles a move...It's jacked and I am here an extra week to include the Apartment complex.Uhg!!!Supposed to be hiking this weekend but I couldn't abandon my brother and his wife...

September 15, 2014
Quick Reply