Not much of a hike but....

8:17 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I checked out an area of the Chattooga River this morning. 8 trout in less than 40 minutes. It was just a short walk, but a pleasent one. They all came out of one good run around a big bolder.

8:38 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Good for you Mike, there is a lot of good trout fishing in that area and northward. Sometimes the fish are smallish, but the scenery is fantastic.

12:07 a.m. on May 7, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

As an enthusiast of both pursuits, I feel secure in stating John Feinstein’s quip – a good walk spoiled - applies equally to fishing as it does to golf.  (Wake me if I get a bite.)

Ed

8:17 p.m. on May 7, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

To day we went to the Blue Ridge Rail Road trail. I think we went about two miles out, then returned the same way. At the top of the ridge we found a large pile of bear scat, maybe a day old. We hiked for about a total of 3 hours. I had read on the net some where a person posted that the trail was in very bad shape. It is not, in fact, it is in good shape. Gates have been put up to keep four whellers off, and the trail is blazed in yellow the whole way. We did not see the second tunnel, it may be grown over. I did see a cave that was flooded, I think that was Saddle tunnel. All and all a nice day.

8:28 p.m. on May 7, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

I had forgotten all about that trail Mike, I saw it on a nature program on public TV I believe.

1:27 p.m. on May 8, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

What did you use to catch the fish, bait/tackle/jig/spinner/lure ??

3:23 p.m. on May 9, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

Extra Ultra lite spinning rod, Browning reel, 2# line and a 1/16 Panther Martin. Yellow w/ red dots.

September 3, 2014
Quick Reply