Adidas AX 1 MID GTX

Great lightweight boot. My size tens come in at 13…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"
Price Paid: 1/2 price

Summary

Great lightweight boot. My size tens come in at 13 oz. Not too shabby for a mid waterproof boot. Tread wears extremely quickly, but is very sticky especially when wet. They dry reasonably well. Flexible footbed. Inserts suck though. Expensive, but comfortable. Not many options for people with ankle issues that need protection, these fit the bill.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Durable construction

Cons

• Tread wears quickly
  • Garbage footbeds

Worn on several extended hikes (13+ miles). Great boot. Fits my skinny feet well. Good room in toe box. Lacing system works well. Regular laces a plus. I recommend replacing footbeds as the ones included are not up to the task.

Wick reasonably well for GTX boots. Great in wet weather. Not bad in the dry and hot either. I found that my feet are very stable in these boots. Soles are on the softer side, you can feel rocks, but they don't poke through or cause any pain.

When they are on sale they are a good buy. Biggest con is that the soles wear very fast, not sure I'll even get 500 miles out of these, but they are very light and supportive especially for skinny feet with semi high arches (once you replace the footbed).

I would have given 5 stars if the soles wore longer.

If you've owned or used an Adidas AX 1 MID GTX, please share your experience.