Adidas Supernova Trail 5

This shoe was a massive disappointment in its key…

Use: traction control
Price Paid: can't recall

This shoe was a massive disappointment in its key function. I might be too hard on it but I bought it specifically for running a tough trail and prevent slipping when its wet.

I checked the base and it looked good, like it would provide heaps of traction. It fails miserably with the slipping. I guess they have silicon in the mix or something as I may as well be wearing roller skates on wet rocks.

My first run was a real slip slider. I thought that they'd wear in but after 8 months still providing me with fun.

I took them down river once and after three rocks took them off before I got hurt. (Tip, use your socks if you find yourself in that situation)

My favourite trail has mud, rocks, tree roots steep inclines and declines and I am constantly watching where I step instead of going hardout.

Looking for a better shoe, I'll use these on the dry days as they are comfortable and no blisters.
84 kg, 5'7", athletic.

If you've owned or used an Adidas Supernova Trail 5, please share your experience.

Adidas Supernova Trail 5

No price on record.

The Adidas Supernova Trail 5 is not available from the stores we monitor.