Adidas Terrex Trek GTX

I have been very happy with these boots. They have…

Summary

I have been very happy with these boots. They have great support and cushion while retaining enough flexibility to walk comfortably. Used for day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips. Comfortable, secure fit through the heel and arch.

My only downside is that they seem to run a bit small, maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 size small. They are sized more like a running shoe. I wear a 9.5 street shoe, size 10 in most boots, and size 10.5 in running shoes. It might be the slightly lower toe box.

Pros

• Good support and cushion

Cons

• Runs a bit (maybe 1/2 size) small

Break in is pretty quick. I half worn them on approximately 6 day hikes and 2 backpacking trips in the fall and early spring. No problems with blisters or pressure points. I did have a little bruising on my second (longer) toe (see comments about size above).

Other than this one minor fit problem, the fit has been great with little foot fatigue after a day of hiking. They are light but very supportive. I haven't noticed any problems with waterproofing issues. So far, they are holding up well with no signs of wear.

If you've owned or used an Adidas Terrex Trek GTX, please share your experience.

Adidas Terrex Trek GTX

The Adidas Terrex Trek GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.