men's
Men's and Women's sizes 4-14 (includes half-sizes).

The first week in these insoles was quite different.

Materials: unknown...ribbing & flexy stuff
Use: EVERYTHING
Break-in Period: about a week and half
Weight: unknown

The first week in these insoles was quite different. I could feel the muscles on the outside of my feet working, and I had to limit the wear time to avoid soreness. I am a moderate pronator and have a LOT of miles on my feet and legs, particularly for someone who isn't all that old yet.

But once I adapted, WOW. The difference is staggering. In a year I have not once sprained or even tweaked an ankle (this used to be a monthly occurrence), and my feet feel SO much better after epic hikes. Toe-bang on long downhills is a thing of the past, and even my knees feel fresher.

What I like most is that these insoles make your feet keep working, instead of just holding them in one position or cushioning them with a bunch of squishy stuff. So when I am barefoot now, my feet feet much stronger. And because they balance my feet and ankles, I can get by with a lowtop hiker now in most situations.

I am a big believer and will stick with this product...it is clearly way ahead of anything else out there.

Aline Foot Suspension System

$59.95 (men's)

The Aline Foot Suspension System is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 17, 2011 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new insole, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016