ALPS Mountaineering Blue Ridge -20

I finally got to put my new ALPS Blue Ridge -20 Mummy…

Design: Mummy Bag
Fill: Quallofil
Temperature Rating: -20 Farenheight
Weight: 6lbs 10ozs

I finally got to put my new ALPS Blue Ridge -20 Mummy Bag to the test this weekend. I deciced to go camping here in snowy, cold Wisconsin at Governor Dodge State Park. All I can say this is one (if not THE BEST cold weather bag) I ever used. I like it even more than my old LL Bean High Camp -20 Mummy Bag I used about 5-6 yrs. ago (which I liked very much too).

Some of the things that made my ALPS Blue Ridge stand out was the really puffy zipper/chest baffles. No cold air even creeped in all night long even though the temps dipped down to the single digits. I really appreciated the 34 inches at the shoulders--much better than the more common 32 inch cut (or less) most manufacturers are producing. Just perfect--no cramped shoulders in the morning I got from other bags. The contoured hood is the BEST so far of any of the mummy bags I ever owned/used. It fit my head perfectly without the usual "bunching" I got from other bags. ALPS chose to use Dupont's Quallofil-an wise choice on thier part. From my personal experience it performs as well as the more expensive (and trendy I might add) Polargaurd fills used in most other more well-known brand bags today. I found that Quallofil is quick lofting and very warm to say the least. No "cold spots" to speak of.

My years of camping experience proves to me ALPS Mountaineering makes some GREAT gear, that performs well and is easy on the old wallet, including this Blue Ridge Mummy Bag. I highly recommend it, along with most ALPS products! :)