ALPS Mountaineering Desert Pine 20

This is a very good bag for the price...I have been…

Price Paid: Scout Price

This is a very good bag for the price...I have been using it for over a year now, and it's my first mummy bag...

In the past, I have used one of the flannel-lined square bags, but glad that I made the switch. The bag kept me warm...well, for the most part, but my being cold was because of my own doing (I put my face into the bag, poor insulation underneath, and not dressed properly in bag).

If you have never slept in a mummy-bag, and are looking to try one out, this one can't be beat for the cost.

Pros:

• no-snag zippers
  • baffles stay put
  • packs easily into compression stuff sack
  • packs nicely into backpack
  • lightweight

Cons:

• nothing -- only things that user can fix (proper cold-weather dressing, educating themselves on differences between mummy bag and standard bag)

Overall, this was a good buy/pick, and have recommended ALPS bags to my scouts (I have the WIDE bag, they only need the regular or long).

If you've owned or used an ALPS Mountaineering Desert Pine 20, please share your experience.

ALPS Mountaineering Desert Pine 20

$89.99 (unisex)

The ALPS Mountaineering Desert Pine 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 13, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

unisex 20° S 20° R 20° L 20° W