ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2

Tent and Fly Weight 5 lb 12 oz
Total Weight 6 lb 8 oz
Packed Size 7 in x 21 in
Pole Diameter 8.5 mm

I just got this tent today. It is just the size I…

Design: 3 season free standing
Ease of Setup: easy set up
Weight: 6.5 lbs

I just got this tent today. It is just the size I thought it would be. If you take out the poles, which easily fit on the side of my pack, you can compress the tent in a compression sack super small. It took two of us about five minutes to set it up the first time. The vestibules were big enough to put a pack on each side or two on one side and use the other for in and out. Although I don't think its really big enough for two people who don't want to get pretty cozy. Overall looks great and I'm happy with the purchase. We will see how it holds up this season.

Update: June 15, 2009

I just took the tent out. it was just below 40 degrees. It rained all night and I had no condensation problems. A little condensation developed on the clear parts at the head and foot, but not much. I stayed dry the whole night. I put the tent up in the dark by myself and it took maybe ten minutes because of the cold and drizzling rain.

I was very pleased with the tent, the vestibule space was more than expected. You can probably fit two packs in one vestibule.

Visit ALPS Mountaineering's Extreme 2 page.

When the storm rolls in, dive into your Alps Mountaineering Extreme 2 Tent for safety. The three-pole design and guy-out vestibules create a super sturdy shelter during high winds, and when the rain starts, you'll thank Steve for the sealed seams and urethane coated fly and floor. Who's Steve' We don't know--just some guy. The Extreme Tent features plenty of storage space for your mucky gear and mesh roof vents for star-gazing ease and breathability. Two doors prevent you from being trod upon when your tentmate wakes up in the middle of a toilet dream. Gear loft, stakes, and guy ropes included.

Built to accommodate 2 persons, the Alps Mountaineering Extreme 2 is a freestanding 3-pole tent with an extremely strong and sturdy pole configuration. 3 lightweight aircraft alloy aluminum poles set up easily with pole clips that snap in place. Polyester rainfly and nylon floor are urethane coated, with factory-sealed seams for waterproofness. 2 vestibules also serve as guyout points that stabilize the tent when the weather gets a little nasty. Rainfly attaches securely to the tent with buckles and adjustable webbing; mesh ceiling vents allow airflow to prevent condensation inside the tent. Special buy.