ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2 AL

Tent and Fly Weight 5 lb 4 oz
Total Weight 5 lb 13 oz
Packed Size 6 in x 22 in
Pole Diameter 8.5 mm

Just got this tent. Right out of the box and I'm just…

Price Paid: $105 having it shipped

Just got this tent. Right out of the box and I'm just blown away.

I was first amazed at how light it was. Sure it's not your ultra-light backpacking tent but at 5 lbs 2 oz or so it's pretty sweet. The space you get inside the tent for that weight is pretty darn amazing as well. Very, Very roomy and the gear loft is great. Lots of mesh for ventilation and two doors makes this tent a great summer tent.

Fall and Spring might be a little cold depending on where you go camping but it should do great. The fly looks great, the clips are a little stiff, though, but I'm sure they'll get better with use. The windows on the fly line up with the bottom part of the mesh so in the morning when you want to peek outside you don't have to stand up all the way. Great idea, if you ask me.

The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't pack very small. I guess with the size there's a lot of material and they couldn't pack it down much smaller without compromising waterproof-ness.

It gets 5 stars because it definitely exceeded my expectations even if it's not compact when packed.

This is our preferred tent for our Boy Scout troop.

Design: 3-seasion dome
Ease of Setup: This is a very easy tent to set up. No sleeves, only clips. 2 Scouts can have this tent up, staked and guy-lined out in 4 minutes.
Weight: < 5 lbs.
Price Paid: Scout Price

This is our preferred tent for our Boy Scout troop. I started off by buying one early this year for personal use, and I was very impressed with the zippers, roominess, and overall design. I touched base with another leader for the troop, and he was equally impressed, so we purchased 2 for troop use. About 2 weeks ago, we purchased 2 more of the tents.

So our troop owns 4 now, and are very satisfied with a wide array of things:

• Very easy to set up
  • Snag-free zippers
  • 2 entrances and vestibules
  • Good ventilation
  • Roomy
  • Well-constructed
We went out on a campout earlier in the summer, and we had 2 nights of torrential downpours that lasted for 4 hours one night, and 6 hours the next night. Both mornings, we awoke to dry tents and sleeping bags...and this was 3 tents. I would say a definite plus and one of the main reasons that we purchased more.

I got this tent for a great price, about half of what…

Design: three season free standing, full fly
Ease of Setup: it's a snap
Weight: 5-6 lbs.

I got this tent for a great price, about half of what it usually retails for. The materials are great, a nice sturdy floor, good aluminum poles (I'll never use fiberglass again!), a full fly that clips nicely to the frame, and nice lightweight aluminum tent stakes.

Seam-taped and coated, this tent seems like it will keep the weather and bugs out nicely. I am pleased with my purchase!

Visit ALPS Mountaineering's Lynx 2 AL page.

When you're sharing a tent with two other people, you need all the ventilation you can get. The Alps Mountaineering Lynx AL 2-Person 3-Season Tent features four half-mesh walls for excellent breathability and seam-sealed fly and floor construction for three-season camping protection.

The Lynx is packed with features and high quality. The Lynx has plenty of mesh, taking up half of the walls on each side allowing even more ventilation. The tent is an easy to set up, 2 pole rectangular dome style tent with pole clips that easily fit over the poles for quick assembly. ALPS has not cut any corners... between the factory sealed fly and floor seams, weatherproof fly buckles, 2 doors for easy entering and leaving, 2 vestibules for extra gear storage and weather protection, and extra-large #8 zippers, you're sure to find everything you could want in a tent, in this model.

- CampSaver.com

The Alps Lynx 2 is a 2 person tent with 2 doors and 2 Vestibules for extra storage that is a great choice for the folks looking to go light but still want full features. The Polyester Fly will keep you snug and secure in almost any weather and with an attached Vestibules you will have room to stow any extra gear while you wait out the storm or sleep the night away. The Shockcorded aluminum frame is strong and easy and fast to use because it connects to the tent with all clips. All the main Fly and Floor seams are Factory sealed so you can use it right out of the bag. The Lynx has waterproof end walls extending halfway up the tent, eliminating the need for Fly coverage there and thus saving weight.Sleeps 2Factory Sealed fly and floor seamsMesh End walls can be used to stargaze2 doors - Side entry - Door opens to a Vestibule on each side2 Vestibules for excess or wet Gear Storage - large 10 sq.ft. eachShockcorded Aluminum frame - light, strong, durable are fast and easy to useAll clip assembly is simple to set up or take downZipper Flap on Vestibule zippersFreestanding design is easy to set upLots of mesh for good ventilationMesh Storage Pockets2 Fly Vents can be open or closed for Adjustable Ventilation - 1 on each sideExtra Large #8 Zippers on Door and Vestibule are sturdy and easy to gripPost and grommet pole/tent connectionExternal Guy Out Loops - keep the tent stable in windGear Loft included to stash stuff out of the wayAll carry bags, aluminum stakes includedImport

- Campmor

CLOSEOUTS . The ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2 tent is an easy-to-assemble dome design that features two doors and vestibules. Mesh panels throughout the tent increase ventilation. Available Colors: BROWN/RUST.

- Sierra Trading Post