ALPS Mountaineering Pine Ridge

5 stars for car camping - it is too big for anything…

5 stars for car camping - it is too big for anything else.

I bought the 30"x77"x3" extra long version of this pad for car camping and I am extremely happy with it. It has 2 air valves so it inflates in about 30 seconds. The friction dots on the bottom keep it from slipping around, and it is thick enough that I don't feel rocky ground. I love that it is 30" wide. I have found that it is not the thickness of the pad that determines how comfortable it is, but the width. I can sleep on my side with my knees pulled up and not be off the pad.

Pros - inflates quickly, is thick and comfy, nice and wide, doesn't slip around, much smaller and lighter than a conventional air mattress but almost as comfortable.

Cons - is a bit of a pain to deflate and roll up, is heavy (abt 6 pounds), can really only be used for car camping.

I just got this from Sierra Traders---it's extra wide…

Price Paid: $59.95 + shipping

I just got this from Sierra Traders---it's extra wide and long...30"x77"x3". Two valves and inflates in seconds and certainly seems comfortable enough. Has a pebbled bottom to reduce slipping, two elastic bands hold it once rolled up and a stuff sack. It looks very well made. I hear good things about the head honcho of Alps. So it's a great value and you can't beat the price @ $40 off retail. I was looking at pads for twice the price. Well I'm going to carry it from the truck to the tent only...it comes in at nearly seven pounds so too big for the kayak. I'll give it 4.5 stars and see how it does in the field.

CLOSEOUTS . Enjoy many camping seasons with ALPS Mountaineering's long Summit sleeping pad. Self-inflating nylon pad has PVC dot bottom to keep pad from sliding while you sleep. Available Colors: GREEN, BLUE.

- Sierra Trading Post