Altama 8" Hoplite Boot

The only reason I gave this boot 4 stars instead of…

Use: Road marching and training for SFAS
Break-in Period: wet wool socks for an hour a night for the first week, and barbasol on the heel cup really helped break it in.
Weight: Heavy

The only reason I gave this boot 4 stars instead of 5 is because the heel cups are so high that they take a while to break in.

I put on roughly 30 miles a week of ruck marching and these boots have held up very well. They are a tad heavy but it's not something that bothered me. I just looked at it as more training for SFAS.

I highly encourage the purchase of these boots, but everywhere I have looked online they are ridiculously overpriced. The prices I have seen range from $135-$160. If you are military go to your post clothing and sales and you can get these with a 6 month warranty for $115.

Again, great boot and like usual Altama delivers a phenomenol boot at a great value.

As for a comparison I bought the Nike SF Boot and I went through it in 3 months at roughly 30 miles a week. They were comforable but just didn't last. These boots truly are the sh*t.

* Sole pattern – sand shark lug
* Upper – suede and Cordura
* Lining – highly breathable aero-spacer
* Outsole/Midsole – slip-, oil-, and acid-resistant, non-marking, lightweight, shock absorbing dual-density polyurethane
* Removable innersole – dual-density polyurethane with TPU support cradle

Altama 8" Hoplite Boot

The Altama 8" Hoplite Boot is not available from the stores we monitor.