AntiGravityGear BCS-2 (Tin Man) Stove

Weight 0.4 ounce (11 g)
Fuel Usage 1 to 2 ounces per burn cycle
Dimensions 1.75 inches high x 2.75 inches diameter
Fuel Denatured Alcohol

I met Tin Man at the pa ruck in the winter of 04,…

I met Tin Man at the pa ruck in the winter of 04, after a demonstration of alcohol stoves I was impressed with the quickness with which it brought water to a boil and since I was the manager of the hostel that sat right on the a.t. he gave me a half price deal.

I`ve been using it for all my longer trips and have decided that it is now my only stove for all conditions. I would even, after all the new ones on the market and all the websites that show how to make one, still purchase one from Tin Man who sells it through anti gravity gear website. I have never had a problem with it. borndorff@eveningsun.com

Don't be fooled by the size and construction materials. These alcohol stoves are very rugged. This alcohol stove has no moving parts to wear out or break down. The construction process involves using high temperature epoxy to seal the pressure chamber. There are no slits on the side to weaken the alcohol stove and cause potential leaks like you will find on other designs. The top and bottom pieces are sealed with 600 degree epoxy and are safety taped. I have never had a leak with one of these alcohol stoves.

There are over 22 steps taken to prepare and assemble this alcohol stove using special tools, jigs, and assembly techniques I have developed to ensure consistantancy, quality and performance. After making hundreds of these alcohol stoves, I have settled on this design as the best combination for fuel economy and performance.

The pepsi can alcohol stove is designed for denatured alcohol only. This is a readily available fuel that can be found in any hardware or paint store and at many outfitters like those along the Appalachian Trail. Rubbing alcohol works poorly and is not recommended because it contains 30% water and just will not perform. Due to the location of the burn holes you can place your pot directly on the alcohol stove - without snuffing out the flame - thus eliminating the need for a pot stand.

Features

• Constructed of 100% recycled materials

• Side burn configuration

• Internal fuel measurement lines

• No pot stand required

AntiGravityGear BCS-2 (Tin Man) Stove

The AntiGravityGear BCS-2 (Tin Man) Stove is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new alcohol stove, check out the best reviewed current models.