AntiGravityGear Katahdin

Very nice looking lightweight stove set, works better…

Price Paid: £35.99

Summary

Very nice looking lightweight stove set, works better with ul/ha pots.

Pros

• Strong

Cons

• Uses too much fuel.
  • I can't get it to boil water, maybe the pot is too small diameter wise

OK, this is a very nice looking lightweight stove set, more durable than the agg pepsi can stove set. But I think the  agg pepsi can stove is the better stove. It worked well once (I am talking about using meths in it) but after that I have not had much look. I do not know if it's because im using meths or not.

I found it to be quite fuel hungry and slow to prime (that is if you're not using the primer pan). If you use the primer pan I found that i had to prime it twice.

OK, here is an update: I have found that my Katahdin hates titanium pots, but when I use the Trangia 27 ul/ha pot (oh joy to the world!) there's a vast improvement. It works well. Now I don't know if it is because the titanium pot I tried with it is inferior but after reading up on the material titanium is pretty bad at conducting heat and is slow to heat up compared to aluminum esp UL/HA POTS. and THE OTHER POT THAT I HAVE FOUND WORKS A TREAT IS THE ANTI GRAVITY 3CUP POT WHICH I Love as it is really cheap but brilliant.

Hence I am now giving the Katahdin 4 stars. And after this I am thinking of only using ultra light hard anodized pots instead of titanium, cheers!

The AntiGravity Gear Katahdin Stove Kit weighs under 3 ounces. Rub your eyes, blink, that's right under 3 ounces. It is a side burn stove made of formed Aluminum, it offers easy fueling and lighting, a strong and stable flame, along with exceptional durability. The wide flat top surface eliminates the need for a pot stand by providing great pot stability. With an average boil time under 6 miinutes you will be eating dinner faster and lighter than you thought possible. This is a great choice for someone looking to lighten their pack weight. It is also great for quick afternoon lunches on a dayhike.The primer pan makes stove start up fast and easy and the wind screen provides protection for the stove even in the worst conditions.The Katahdin stove set is easy to use, lightweight, and comes with everything you need to hit the trail and eat like a gourmet, except food.Includes: Katahdin stove, Primer pan, wind screen, fuel measuring cup, instructions, and mesh carry bagLightweight formed Aluminum constructionStrong stable flameSide burn designNo pot stand requiredDiameter = 1.87"Height = 1.68"Weight: Total = 2.4 oz - Stove = 1.1 oz, ACPrimer Pan = .2 oz, Wind Screen = 1.1 ozImport

- Campmor

AntiGravityGear Katahdin

The AntiGravityGear Katahdin is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 16, 2013 at Campmor.

If you're looking for a new alcohol stove, check out the best reviewed current models.