Apache AL 2-Person

I purchased this tent when it was initially called…

Price Paid: £300 including shipping to the UK

Summary

I purchased this tent when it was initially called the STARLITE Apache Tent. In summary, it is well designed, relatively lightweight, instant to set up or take down, as spacious a two-man tent as it gets. The dual entrance is a bonus for accessibility. I also have 2 vestibules which are a great addition to probably the best tent of its kind...

Pros

• Instant setup and take down.
  • Quality materials used on the build.
  • Totally tenacious at fighting both wind and rain.
  • Tent poles are already interlinked into the inner

Cons

• None to say really, other than the pack size, but based on everything else this tent offers it is a superb tent.

apache-tent.jpg

Setting this tent up is a cinch, under a minute and that includes fitting the flysheet. Only a minute more to peg out. Waterproof, windproof, spacious and overall a fantastic concept. I have had this tent for nearly 10 years and it is still as good as the day I bought it.

Onlooking campers here in the UK are amazed when we turn up and pop the tent out in a matter of a couple of minutes. Awesome tent and would highly recommend to others... 5 stars for me. I would also be interested as to why other reviews only reflect 4 stars given I camp a lot and this tent surpasses all others that I have encountered.

I took a chance and bought the Apache tent because…

Design: 3 Season Free Standing Dome
Ease of Setup: Simple
Weight: 6.5 lbs

I took a chance and bought the Apache tent because I was impressed with its umbrella mechanism. It is so simple to set up and take down. We set up camp in the rain, it took no more than a couple of minutes to get the tent up and covered with the rain fly. I had my tent completely set up before my friend ever got started on his. The Apache tent has a large rain fly and good ventilation which kept me dry the whole time.

If you've owned or used an Apache AL 2-Person, please share your experience.

Apache AL 2-Person

The Apache AL 2-Person is not available from the stores we monitor.