Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket

Sizes XS, S, M, L, XL
Weight 306 g / 10.8 oz
Fit Athletic fit, Hip Length
Materials 340NR GORE-TEX® Paclite® 2L

I like the brillaint blue and my husband said that…

I like the brillaint blue and my husband said that he could spot me a mile off. Very light but during a rainstorm, I felt really sweaty and sticky. I don't think it is as breathable as the manufacturers make it out to be.

Is it worth the expensive price tag? Probably not.

The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket that I recently purchased…

The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket that I recently purchased is great! It's very close-fitting, and so requires a pretty athletic build to fit comfortably. However, this also means that there isn't any loose fabric to get caught on branches, add weight, or rustle noisily. In fact, it's very soft and quiet. It's also incredibly light and packs into a ball nearly the size of my fist.

Despite its light fabric, I've taken it out into a very hard rain that recently flooded Chicago and I stayed completely dry underneath. As with any Gore-tex waterproof, it's going to get a little steamy if you're active, but the pit zips are large and easily managed even with gloves.

The sleeves are well articulated and stay at my wrist even when fully extended or bent at the elbow. I think my favorite feature, however, is the hood. It has three different cord adjustments so that the hood will fit over a helmet or very snuggly around your head. The problem I often have with helmet-compatible hoods is that there's too much room when there's no helmet worn. In wind, the hood flops around and gets in the way or leaves too much of a gap around the face for rain to get in. Not this one - properly adjusted it stuck to my face and turned with my head.

My only criticism is that the front cords that cinch the hood around the face are left a bit too loose when pulled tight. I would have preferred to be able to pull excess cords into the jacket instead of having a big loop of them flapping around on each side of my head. They don't flap much though, and the complaint is a small one.

Though I intend on hiking with this jacket, it probably shouldn't be used under backpacks weighing over 20 lbs because it's so light and the shoulders aren't reinforced. I'm a 5ft 3in man, so I purchased a size Small Women's and it fit perfectly. Oh, and the Wasabi color rocks!

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Alpha SL Jacket versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Alpha SL Jacket. Read all reviews »

Visit Arc'teryx's Alpha SL Jacket page.

The Alpha SL Jacket from Arc'Teryx a compact, lightweight emergency waterproof/breathable storm protection for climbers and alpinists. This GORE-TEX PacLite jacket has a helmet compatible StormHood. It has easy pack-ability so it can be taken along for weather protection emergencies during your ascents.

- CampSaver.com

The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Jacket is dependable rainwear for the woman who likes to pack fast and light but doesn't want to sacrifice quality. The Alpha SL Jacket is made from durable, yet lightweight 2-Ply Gore-Tex Paclite for unsurpassed breathability and complete weather protection without excess weight and bulk. Two hand pockets with laminated WaterTight(TM) zippers Laminated WaterTight(TM) pit zippers Helmet-compatible Storm Hood(TM) Laminated drop back hem with adjustable hem drawcord Athletic fit, hip length

- OMCgear

The Arc'teryx Women's Alpha SL Jacket might end up being your most important piece of gear on your climbing trips. Gore-Tex gives jacket guaranteed waterproof breathable protection while Paclite technology lets you stuff the Alpha Super Light into its included stuff sack for compact travel whether you're climbing or flying. Arc'teryx designed the Alpha SL with an e3D design that provides a full range of motion despite its trim fit. This jacket also features WaterTight zippers for extra waterproof protection, two-piece Hemlock inserts so the jacket won't slip once it's under your harness, and a zippered chest pocket for your headlamp.

Free Shipping. Arcteryx Women's Alpha SL Jacket FEATURES of the Arcteryx Women's Alpha SL Jacket Compact, lightweight N40r Gore-Tex fabric with Paclite product technology Trim fit with e3D adds mobility yet keeps fit close to enhance breathability, improves line of vision to see the gear on your harness Helmet-compatible StormHood Two piece Hemlock inserts pack smaller and work with hem drawcord to prevent jacket from slipping out from underneath a harness Single external chest pocket. Included stuff sack has a clip-in webbing loop WaterTight zippers SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Women's Alpha SL Jacket Weight: 9.3 oz / 265 g Fit: Trim with e3D, hip length N40r Gore-Tex fabric with Paclite product technology This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.