Arc'teryx Altra 75

Granted, I have only used this pack twice, but it…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"
Price Paid: Well under MSRP

Summary

Granted, I have only used this pack twice, but it is EXTREMELY comfortable and the accessibility to items is unparalleled. When the pack was first delivered, it had a small tooth broken on the load-transfer disc.

Arc'teryx is the best company I have ever dealt with, concerning a warranty. As soon as I dropped the "Return for Warranty" box, They shipped out the new one. I used it for a 3-day and 5-day A.T. trip, and it was OUTSTANDING. The load transfer disc gave me extreme range of motion. I LOVE THIS PACK.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Easy access to everything
  • innovative design
  • Great warranty/customer service

Cons

• The first one I received was slightly damaged
  • The free moving hip belt takes some getting-used-to
  • Needs to also be in LEAF line, with camo/earth tone colors

I originally ordered this pack, and when I received it had a tooth missing on the female end of the load transfer disc(To tell you the truth, I think I actually broke it). Arc'teryx emailed me a new return label immediately because I lost the original that came with it.  As soon as they had verification that I had dropped the broken one off at FedEx, they shipped the new one, same day.

When I received the new one, I immediately got to work fitting it to me and trying different load outs. It was amazing how many packing options I had. The upside-down U-shaped opening to the main storage compartment is AWESOME. There was not an item in my load out that I could not access withing 15 seconds. The "Smaller {Not Really)" front pocket on the outside of the main compartment is very long and can support a rolled up sleeping mat. I can actually fit my AR-15 in this pocket, and I am currently thinking of ways to pad and support the rifle while in there.

The first trip was very rainy, and I did not yet own a rain cover for the pack. It was exposed to a lot, and was more water resistant than I would have thought. The second trip was picturesque, and we ended up doing a lot more miles than we originally intended. It was terribly comfortable. I was not expected these trips to be as comfortable, because my girlfriend is new to backpacking and I was carrying a lot of stuff for her.

I love Arc'teryx stuff! Yes, it is expensive! But that extra money is going into innovative research, development, and design. Because of this, I have found everything that I have I gotten from them to be extraordinary. I think Arc'teryx should write me a check, because I am their biggest Fan-boy.

If you've owned or used an Arc'teryx Altra 75, please share your experience.

Arc'teryx Altra 75

currently retails for:
MSRP: $399.00

where to buy:

Regular Tall
Weight 2.3 kg / 81 oz 2.4 kg / 85 oz
Capacity 75 L / 4577 cu in, extends to 82 L / 5004 cu in 79 L / 4821 cu in, extends to 86 L / 5248 cu in
Materials 100D Invista HT Mini Ripstop™ with Silicone and PU Coatings, 420ACT Fabric, 420D Invista HT Plain Weave, EV®50 Foam, Hypalon™ Trim, Spacermesh™, 210D Ripstorm™ with Silicone and PU Coatings, 840D Stretch Mesh, EV®50 Perforated Foam, 6061 Aluminum Stays, Plastazote® HD80® 100D Invista HT Mini Ripstop™ with Silicone and PU Coatings, 420ACT Fabric, 420D Invista HT Plain Weave, EV®50 Foam, Hypalon™ Trim, Spacermesh™, 210D Ripstorm™ with Silicone and PU Coatings, 840D Stretch Mesh, EV®50 Perforated Foam, 6061 Aluminum Stays, Plastazote® HD80®