Arc'teryx Atom LT Pant

Every bit as good as the jacket, packs down even smaller.

Summary

Every bit as good as the jacket, packs down even smaller.

Pros

• Warm
  • Packable

Cons

• Expensive

Enough has been said about the Atom LT Jacket and as soon as I became acquainted with how amazing it is, I picked up the pants. The combo went with me on a 4-night survival training course recently (Haley Strategic Partners Summer Mountain Problem Solver).

We all slept in pine-bough shelters down to 45 degree rain so pretty much everybody was cold . . . except me.  I don't think my shelter was so far superior to everyone else's, I think it was the Atom LT jacket and pants that I wore under my rain gear as I slept. Wearing the combo is truly like having a sleeping bag and you barely notice them in your pack at all.

The pants have full zippers and cinch up tight at the ankles.  they have a small pocket in the waistband which works well as a stuff sack.  This combo is unbeatable for lightweight, packable warmth.

If you've owned or used an Arc'teryx Atom LT Pant, please share your experience.