Arc'teryx Delta RS Jacket

This jacket is a joke. It's one of the group of products…

Fabric: Fleece

This jacket is a joke. It's one of the group of products from Arc'Teryx you should avoid. Their fleece jackets and their URBAN family line of packs. I highly praise their Gore-Tex jackets and their BORA line of packs, but this is not a good fleece jacket. This jacket is on the thin side, which makes it light, but it will not keep you warm in on mild cool weather. This jacket also has the worst feeling fleece material I have ever experienced and worn for a fleece jacket -- feels like you're wearing plastic! The zippers feel cheap and they should have put better zippers for an Arc'Teryx jacket.

Well, what do I have to say, it seems if Arc'Teryx spent a day or two designing this jacket, unlike their Gore-Tex jackets which took them 4 years. To be honest, this fleece jacket is no better than Patagonia fleece jackets, which I love to hate! In my opinion, the finest fleece jackets were from Mountain Equipment Co-op. I said, "were" because they used to make the best fleece jackets until most of the designers quit their jobs to work at Arc'Teryx doing "other" stuff.

NOTE: A newer edition of the Delta RS has been released and it is an ounce heavier, so I suspect a little warmer. It is made out of Polartec Thermal Pro. Therefore, my review was based on the original Delta RS.