Arc'teryx Fission SV Jacket

men's
Sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight 1 kg / 2 lbs 4.1 oz
Fit Athletic fit, Hip Length
Materials 325NR GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 2L, 420N GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 2L, 133 gm / sq m PrimaLoft® Sport, 200 gm / sq m PrimaLoft® Sport, 40D Nylon lining

I am a pretty tough grader and don't give a lot of…

I am a pretty tough grader and don't give a lot of 5-star ratings. But this is an excellent piece; perfect for lift skiing or other cold-weather pursuits that don't generate a lot of heat.

I bought it for lift skiing after many years of using a shell-and-layer system and sometimes finding myself colder than I would have preferred while sitting on the lift.

It is excellent.  It kept me very warm (too warm, actually, because I tend to run warm. I was using it at Whiteface in temps in the teens/20s; would have been perfect in the single digits or below zero), and it is very comfortable.

Lots of pockets (kudos to Arcteryx on the pocket design: I inadvertently left the chest pocket with my wallet and car keys open during one run -- !! -- and when I got down to the bottom, after a moment of panic, I found everything was still in there...).

It's pricey, but it is a great piece. Very pleased with it. Highly recommended.

I hate the cold-like when I'm walking the dog on a…

I hate the cold-like when I'm walking the dog on a bitter winter night and she takes forever to "go"-or when I'm sitting in the cold cold car waiting for it to warm up. NO MORE. Not with the FISSION SV. I'm actually liking the cold now.

I put on the SV -pull over the hood and I've got my own portable heater surrounding me. It's amazing how lightweight a jacket can be so warm. What I like is that I can not be moving in this jacket and still feel warm.

Went snowshoeing today and was downright hot even with low teens windchills. The seams and materials are first rate and at 5 10/180 the Large fits perfect allowing layers underneath if needed.

THE CHINA PROBLEM. The SV is made in China. I also have the FISSION SL made in Canada. There is NO difference in quality. The seams-density of materials-workmanship is at least equal.

I asked someone in the clothing field which jacket they thought was better made-she picked the SV. I have a premier down jacket (also made in China) from another high-end outdoor clothing company and this jacket is far superior- much warmer and looks far better and the exact same price.

Few things at this price are worth the money-this jacket is.

Visit Arc'teryx's Men's Fission SV Jacket page.

The Arc'teryx Fission SV Jacket delivers maximum warmth in a GORE-TEX garment that is waterproof, windproof, durable. New GORE-TEX face fabric has a softer touch and moves quietly. Reinforced panels in the hood and across the shoulders, chest area and sleeves address areas of high use and sustained abrasion. Lightweight, radiant Coreloft insulation is stitched into place and delivers exceptional warmth that is almost weightless. Light weight insulation is used in the underarm gusset to reduce bulk and aid with ease of motion.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

You never miss a ski day regardless of the conditions, and the Arc'teryx Men's Fission SV Insulated Jacket is the reason why. A Gore-Tex membrane, fully taped seams, and WaterTight external zippers keep you dry in the wettest weather, and Arc'teryx added Gore-Tex Pro reinforcements in high-wear areas for durability. Coreloft insulation brings the warmth without the weight, and it leaves the jacket with exceptional breathability so you stay comfortable during intense ski sessions. An expedition fit with e3D patterning leaves plenty of room for layering without restricting your movement, and a longer length covers your butt even when you bend over. Articulated elbows give the freedom of movement you need when you ski through trees. The insulated DropHood rotates with your head for total visibility, and adjustable cuffs and hem seal out the cold.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Arcteryx Men's Fission SV Jacket FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Fission SV Jacket Lighter, more supple waterproof/breathable Gore-Tex body is reinforced with N70p Gore-Tex in high wear areas Coreloft insulation is lightweight, warm and resilient Insulated DropHood with insulated collar WaterTight Vislon centre front zipper Two internal mesh dump pockets, two chest pockets and two hand pockets Adjustable waist and hem drawcords to seal out drafts and cold SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Fission SV Jacket Weight: 33.0 oz / 935 g Fit: Expedition with e3D, thigh length N40r Gore-Tex 2L and N70p Gore-Tex 3L Coreloft 140 insulation (140 g/m2) and Coreloft 100 insulation (100 g/m2) This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

An all-around winner, the Arc'teryx Fission SV Jacket can handle any winter condition. Fully waterproof, and insulated with synthetic Coreloft(TM), this jacket is virtually unstoppable. From the groomed runs to the backcountry, this jacket will become an active winter staple. Waterproof, Breathable, and Insulated One-hand adjustable drawcords Articulated elbows Insulated Helmet compatible Drop Hood(TM) Integrated fitted collar panel for added warmth and comfort Laminated chin guard WaterTight(TM) external zippers WaterTight(TM) Vislon front zip Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain Die-cut Velcro(R) cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off Drop back hem Adjustable hem drawcord Laminated hem Full seat coverage Two hand pockets with laminated zippers Two chest pockets with laminated zippers Two internal mesh pockets Reinforced shoulders, arms and hips

- OMCgear refers to the men's version