Arc'teryx Gamma LT Jacket

Sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight 481 g / 1 lb 1 oz
Fit Athletic fit, Waist length
Materials Burly™ double weave

Great all-around light jacket. This is a great soft…

Summary

Great all-around light jacket.

Pros

• Light
  • Stylish

Cons

• Mesh pockets

This is a great soft shell jacket for all-around use. It has superb fit and quality that you'd expect from Arc'teryx. I am 5'11" 180lbs and the medium is a perfect fit.

The jacket has two hand pockets and one small pocket on the upper left arm. There is a drawstring cord at the bottom to help the jacket conform even more to your body. The high quality YKK zipper also has a laminate shield behind it to stop the wind and water from getting through the zipper.

While not completely wind and water proof, this jacket does a decent job at cutting out both. Light wind gusts and light precipitation are easily handled by this soft shell.

The jacket breathes very well and isn't insulated, which makes it very good when you're active. If it's about 40-50 degrees, I can usually just wear a t-shirt underneath and be fine, but if I'm going out for a run in the 30's, I pair this with my Arc'teryx Phase AR base layer.

Now the only thing I can really nitpick about is the pockets. The two hand pockets are just the space in between the soft shell exterior and a mesh lined interior. This means you can see the contents of your pockets if you aren't at least partially zipped up. I wish the inside lining was solid material so that you couldn't see what was inside, but it's not a deal breaker. There is also a small pocket on the left arm which probably couldn't fit much more than an iPod nano, so it's not that useful for me.

Other than that, I really have nothing but praise for this jacket. I get comments about how sharp I look all the time and I'm sure you will too.