User Review: Arc'teryx Men's Gamma MX Hoody
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $350
This jacket is not just my favorite piece of gear, it's my favorite thing I've ever owned. WORTH EVERY PENNY- BUY IT AND WEAR IT EVERYWHERE.
- perfect fit
- quiet hood unlike a crackling hard shell
- every detail that you only get with Arc'teryx
- soft inside like a sweatshirt and just a comfortable
- you'll need an extra layer for the really cold days
- if you loan it to someone you'll never get it back
I bought my gamma mx hoodie in '04 for backpacking and started wearing it everywhere. It soon replaced my ski jacket, my favorite hoodie sweatshirt, and even my nice jacket to wear out for dinner and drink s(I got the all black one) and it doesn't smell like smoke the next day.
Water resistant and breathable? I put the sleeve under the faucet for 5 minutes and no moisture got through, yet I can blow air through it. I can't do that with my Goretex stuff.
I wore this jacket for 6 years as my only jacket in Colorado and it looked basically the same as when I bought it. It was stolen last year and I can't replace it fast enough.