Arc'teryx Kappa LT Jacket

This is your dream rain jacket that you never use.

Fabric: Goretex 3 ply
Price Paid: $450 (any ways lots)

This is your dream rain jacket that you never use. But it saved me. I hiked up Mount Washington with a lightweight pack, Arc'Teryx Kappa LT top and Beta LT pants and Expedition fleece shirt tucked away for safety. I also had a poncho that I had used in Peru on the Inca Trail.

Now I took a much harder and not well traveled trail up MT. W. For the first 45 min. of the hike (2000 vert feet) I walk fast I wondered why was carrying this stuff in July. Being from the deserts of the Southwest. But, as I just stopped for lunch above the treeline the wind came up and rain started to fall. So, I put on my poncho. Within 60 seconds the wind and rain (in July) made the silver lined poncho useless. And by the time I put on my Arc'Teryx stuff the fog had come in and I didn't have a map or a bearing as to which way I should proceed on the broken rock terrain.

Any ways for two hours I wandered aroung the fog warm and dry in sleet rain howling wind wondering what the hell I was doing up there. Any ways I am sure just shorts and t-shirt would have gotten me hypothermed and cheaper togs would have saved me. I was saved in comfort and I'm very happy with the Arc'Teryx Stuff. JOB

Arc'teryx Kappa LT Jacket

The Kappa LT Jacket has been discontinued.

The Arc'teryx Kappa LT Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new waterproof jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?