Arc'teryx Khazri 55

I had Arc'teryx Bora 80 for multiday hikes and Deuter…

Design: top loading
Size: regular
Number of Pockets: top flap has two pockets.
Height of Owner: 5'6''

I had Arc'teryx Bora 80 for multiday hikes and Deuter Futura 42 AC for light single night hikes. I was so happy with Arc'teryx and so unhappy with Deuter that I replaced Deuter with Arcteryx Khazri 55 for smaller hikes with lighter weight.

To my surprise it could handle relatively large load in perfect comfort. I recently did 4 nights hike with 45lb weight and felt I could have carried much more. Stripped of extra weight and compressed, this is very light climbing pack as well. Now this is my do it all pack and I don't need my Bora any more :-(.

I gave it less than perfect rating because on my pack the aluminum stays kept slipping off the support while in load. I fixed it by changing the shape of aluminum stay end using metal epoxy putty (a very simple fix) and its not an issue any more.

I also like the clean design. I pack everything inside and don't like pockets all over (like my old Deuter) which reduces the usable space. It suits my preference just fine. In short I am super happy with my lightweight but built tough pack.

I'm not a ultra light climber/hiker by any means,…

Design: Top loading rucksack with lid
Size: 60L for "Tall" model
Number of Pockets: One main compartments with 2 more zippered pouches.
Max. Load Carried: ~50-60 pounds
Height of Owner: 6'3

I'm not a ultra light climber/hiker by any means, but after getting this pack and upgrading sleeping bags, and tent, Ive gotten my full winter kit down to 25 pounds for 3 days above treeline or so.

The pack itself is awesome! Can crunch down to a mid sized day pack, and can carry a full 50 pounds of gear for camping 5-6 days. This pack took care of 3 packs in my closet, I really never use any other. Comes with gear loops, a removable top, removable internal frame, and a spot for a hydration bladder.

Much more versatile pack then their more expensive models but with a much more reasonable price tag. Look for them on sale, or use a coupon at moosejaw.com.

Arc'teryx seems to use a more durable material in this pack then say comparable models made by Deuter or Osprey.

The Arc'teryx Khazri 55 Backpack holds enough gear for a multi-day alpine ascent, and it strips down to nothing more than a sack with straps for fast-and-light single-push climbs. Adding only the necessary features, Arc'teryx used dual aluminum stays for increased support and a free-floating lid to let you really overload this bag. Of course, the Kharzi 55 Backpack's stays, back-panel, and lid can all be removed to shed ounces. You can even use the removable foam pad at an unexpected bivy. *Only available for US shipment.

- Backcountry Outlet

When it's time to pack up camp, compress your gear into a low-profile lead pack with the ARCTERYX Khazri 55 Backpack. Leave the superfluous features at home, and for ultra-light summit pushes or fast sprints, remove the suspension components and removable top lid. However you use it, the Kazri moves as quickly as its namesake wind.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Arcteryx Khazri 55 Pack (Fall 2009) The Khazri 55 Pack by Arcteryx is a super-clean, lightweight alpine pack large enough to move a camp uphill, but compresses tightly for a low-profile leading pack. Trimmed down to bear only the essential alpine features, the Khazri 55 has a supportive and strippable suspension system, modular ice tool holders, removable/floating top lid, and a removable thermoformed hip belt Specifications: Weight: 64 oz (1.8 kgs) S; 68 oz (1.9 kgs) R; 72 oz (2 kgs) T Volume: 3051 cu in (50 ltr) to 3356 cu in (55 ltr) S; 3356 cu in (55 ltr) to 3361 cu in (60 ltr) R; 3361 cu in (60 ltr) to 3967 cu in (65 ltr) T Features: Top loading Large removable top lid Hydration bladder pocket and hose port Removable dual density frame sheet Emergency bivouac insulation pad Twin removable aluminum stays Composite horizontal frame members Four side compression straps Removable hip belt with thermoformed hip pods Removable webbing hip belt with two injection molded reversible/removable gear loops Laminated shoulder straps Two Axio ice tool holders Two modular ice axe keepers Hypalon reinforced pick sleeve V-frame suspension Glove friendly snow-shedding buckles Materials: 210D Ripstorm 100D Invista HT Mini Rip stop with Silicone and Polyurethane coatings 420D Invista HT Plain Weave 630D Invista HT Superpack 6061 aluminum stays Spacer mesh Hypalon EV 50 We are not able to ship Arcteryx products outside the US because of that other thing.

Voted Best Peakbagger- Backpacker Magazine's Gear of the Year AwardsDesigned for speed and physical economy on the mountain, the Arc'teryx Khazri 55 Backpack is a lightweight alpine focused pack with room for the essentials, but leaves the superfluous features at home. How fast and light is up to you, with strippable V-frame suspension, removable aluminum stays, removable hipbelt with thermoformed hip pods, removable hip belt gear loops, removable dual density framesheet, and removable lid. Strip it all down, and it compresses for light forays, or a summit bid.

- Altrec Outdoors

Arc'teryx Khazri 55

The Khazri 55 has been discontinued.

The Arc'teryx Khazri 55 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.