Arc'teryx Konseal Jacket

An excellent lightweight mid-layer, suitable for a…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

An excellent lightweight mid-layer, suitable for a wide variety of conditions.

Pros

• Breatheable
  • Warm

Cons

• None so far

After reading that this product won a Polartec Apex award for 2013, I decided that I really wanted to try it out for myself.

Out of the box, the fit is close and trim. The only (very minor) quibble is that the sleeves are a bit long for me, though that may be to accommodate the thumb holes in the cuff.

The Polartec Power Dry Hardface fabric is soft and warm on the inside. There is a light water-repellent finish, which so far, seems to shed light drizzle. We'll have to see as time goes on and winter really kicks in. I was surprised at the level of warmth with this jacket, considering the low bulk of the fabric.

Breathability is excellent, which is a big issue for me. I've always been a heavy perspirer once my engine gets going, and this fabric handles it exceedingly well. On chilly morning bike rides to work, it kept me warm against cold winds, whether I was moving or waiting at a traffic light.

Because of the (intentional) trim fit, there's not a lot of room to layer much underneath. But the low-bulk fabric is excellent as a mid-layer underneath something warmer when needed. At this point, the jacket seems like it would be versatile for a variety of the activities which I participate in... cycling, hiking, snowshoeing, and I look forward to further "testing" as time goes on.

This jacket shows all of the Arc'Teryx hallmarks of quality construction and design, so I expect to get many years out of this jacket, as I have out of all of my Arc'Teryx products.

I am immediately in love with this jacket, and would highly recommend it to anyone who values comfort, warmth, and breathability in a lightweight garment.

The Arc'teryx Konseal Jacket is a trim-fitting hardface fleece mid-layer that moves easily inside a shell.

- CampSaver.com

The men's Arc'teryx Konseal jacket fits close to the body to hold in warmth and uses performance Polartec Power Dry fabric to keep you comfortable during trail runs in cold weather.

Stay warm and keep a low profile when you're in the mountains with the Arc'teryx Men's Konseal Fleece Jacket. Whether you're skiing, ice climbing, or hiking, this lightweight fleece has an athletic cut that allows maximum mobility and fits comfortably under a shell. The Polartec PowerDry fabric is light and warm, and it features Hardface technology which provides a smooth surface on the outside of the jacket that sheds moisture when you're hiking up and wears well under a shell on the descent. The trim fit doesn't feel bulky and reduces snagging on rocks and branches when you're skinning or climbing.

Free Shipping. Arcteryx Men's Konseal Jacket FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Konseal Jacket Polartec Power Stretch fleece with Hardface Technology provides a durable, smooth outer surface that sheds moisture and layers easily One chest pocket allows easy access with pack or harness Two hand pockets Sleeve thumb loops add extra coverage between gloves and sleeves SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Konseal Jacket Weight: 9.9 oz / 280 g Fit: Trim Polartec PowerDry with Hardface technology This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The Konseal Jacket by ARCTERYX is a mid-weight fleece jacket with a hardface print for added durability that layers well under and over other garments. Trim-fitting, this is a mid-layer that moves easily inside a shell or over your favorite base layers. The moisture-resistant outer hardface fabric is highly breathable which helps keep you comfortable during aerobic activity but also protects you from the elements.

- Mountain Gear