I got my Mininuteman Pants on clearance sale back…

I got my Mininuteman Pants on clearance sale back in late 2002. The only two regrets that I have had with these pants is (1) that they are the lead color and (2) that I didn't get them with the Keprotech-protected instep. The first season that I used the pants I sliced through the material on the inside of the pant leg. I sent them back to Arc'teryx, had them repair the slice and add the Keprotech instep, and I've never had a problem since.

These pants fit me perfectly - that's the single biggest reason that they are always my first choice when I'm heading for the slopes. I don't feel in any way encumbered by them, not when walking, not when skiing. They are as comfortable as a regular pair of pants. The cuffs are well designed to cinch around ski boots - I've never had problems with snow getting past the defenses of this pant. I've also never had these pants wet through.

Like I said, the color isn't my favorite, but it has grown on me over the years of use. Once the insteps were added, the durability of these pants has been excellent - there's no mark on them to make them look like they were ever used.

Arc'Teryx stuff is expensive, but if these pants fit you I can't imagine a better pant for skiing, with perhaps the exception of the bib version if you are into those.

Arc'teryx Minuteman Pant

The Minuteman Pant has been discontinued.

The Arc'teryx Minuteman Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 14, 2011 at Backcountry.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review