Arc'teryx Miura 30

Regular Tall
Weight 1.9 kg / 67 oz 2.1 kg / 74 oz
Capacity 30 L / 1831 cu in 35 L / 2136 cu in
Materials 1260D Invista Ballistic Superpack nylon, 210D Plain Weave nylon, 630D Invista HT Superpack nylon, EV®50 foam, Hypalon™ trim, Spacermesh™, 6061 aluminum stays, HDPE framesheet 1260D Invista Ballistic Superpack nylon, 210D Plain Weave nylon, 630D Invista HT Superpack nylon, EV®50 foam, Hypalon™ trim, Spacermesh™, 6061 aluminum stays, HDPE framesheet

I was in the research stage of planning a trip: Alaska…

Design: Minimalist
Size: 30L
Number of Pockets: 2 External, 1 Internal
Max. Load Carried: 50LB
Height of Owner: 5'10"

I was in the research stage of planning a trip: Alaska to Argentina by land. For extended travel, the most common size backpack is anywhere between 50L - 120L with 60L - 70L being the average.

I was trying to do a year 1/2 with 20L. It just wasn't possible, but almost. I owned many backpacks at the time, including Arc'Teryx M40, and Arc'Teryx RT 35. Both are great backpacks, but just didn't have the right feel for this huge adventure. I checked out the Arc'Teryx Miura 30 at REI, and the feel + minimalist design sold me.

I finished my Alaska to Argentina by land adventure, and after a year 1/2 and 18 countries, how did this backpack hold up? Actually, amazingly well. I still wear the backpack in the Colorado backcountry to this day. After living out of this backpack for a year 1/2 in many different environments - ranging from 15,000ft. peaks in Peru, to climbing Volcanoes in Nicaragua - I can attest to its extreme durability and overall robustness.

Pros:

1. Zippers - Indestructible

2. Quality of Fabric - Highest

3. Design - Minimalist

4. Weight - Near Ultralight

Cons:

1. Chest Cross Buckles are cheap plastic. Replace with two metal carabiners.

This pack is outstanding. I am hard on my gear, and…

Number of Pockets: 2 + main
Height of Owner: 6''3
Price Paid: $90 CDN

This pack is outstanding. I am hard on my gear, and went through several packs before buying this one, tearing holes, splitting zippers, breaking plastic buckles, and just plain wearing them out.

I have used the Miura constantly and rigorously now for almost four years. I have abused it again and again, from long camping trips, to everyday use as a book bag, to living out of it overseas. However, inspecting the bag now, I can only find no visible scars on the bag, except for the mesh inside one of the pockets, which is a little torn. All the buckles are intact, the zippers have never split, and there are no holes.

Besides its toughness, the best thing about this bag is its size. It is small enough to carry around as a day bag, if the retention straps are compressed; alternatively, it expands large enough to use for a weeklong holiday, or a weekend hiking trip. I use this bag more than any other piece of gear I own.

If you want to see a picture of the bag, check:

This is an awesome pack!!! I have a non-average shaped…

Design: internal frame
Size: about 2200
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs
Height of Owner: 5 10'
Price Paid: $120 cdn.

This is an awesome pack!!! I have a non-average shaped back and I bent the single aluminum stay to my back for a perfect fit. At first I put the 2" webbing hipbelt in the wrong place and it bruised my hips up but I moved it and it carried just as well as if it were padded. I like the way it has a plastic frame sheet because this means you don't have to worry about things sticking into your back. When I carried 25lbs in it I walked 25km and did 1200m elevation gain, a lot of it over unstable morains. The manual says a back length of 19"-23" and my back length is 18".

Visit Arc'teryx's Miura 30 page.

The Arc'teryx Miura 30 Backpack's panel-access design and internal gear loops keep your climbing gear organized, so you can rack up quickly and get on your route. This mid-size Arc'teryx crag pack holds enough gear for a day of sport or trad climbing, and it includes two external straps to carry your rope. Two aluminum stays and an HDPE framesheet combine with the padded waist-belt to make the Miura 30 Backpack comfortable to hike with, even when you load it to the gills. This fully featured pack includes one internal and two external pockets for smaller gear, and the bright interior makes it easier to find stuff in the dark if you forget your headlamp. Not that you ever do that *Available for US shipment only.

- Backcountry Outlet

Oh, I see we are heading off into the wild blue yonder yet again. Good for you! This time just remember to take your Miura 30 day pack from Arc'teryx to keep you loaded with all that you could want for along the way. PRODUCT FEATURES: Material: 630D Superpack pain weave, 630D Superpack ballistic weave, 210D nylon Ripstorm, Spacemesh, Hypalon trim, EV50 foam Full-separating front panel RollTop closure Dual full-length side zippers with opposing thumb loops Two internal gear racking loops Top pocket Kangaroo pocket with external and internal access zippers Two top grab handles Two modular/removable external load straps with quick release buckles Hydration bladder clip and hose port Anatomically shaped hip belt and shoulder straps Spacemesh backpanel Shoulder straps and hip belt Two 6061 Aluminum stays HDPE framesheet Volume: regular - 30l. / 1891cu. in., tall - 35l. / 2136cu. in. Weight: regular 1.0kg. / 69oz., tall 2.1kg. / 73oz. in.

- Appalachian Outdoors

On Sale. Free Shipping. Arcteryx Miura 30 Pack DECENT FEATURES of the Arcteryx Miura 30 Pack Full length side zippers with security snap closures Kangaroo pocket with external and internal access zippers Fits a standard 17 inch laptop Breathable backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt RollTop closure Top loading pack with RollTop closure and full-length side zippers with security snap closures Anatomically shaped shoulder straps and hipbelt and backpanel utilize breathable materials for hot weather carrying comfort Fullyseparating front panel for increased accessibility Top pocket, kangaroo pocket with external and internal access zippers Hydration bladder clip and HydroPort Two internal gear racking loops Removable compression straps Two top grab handles The SPECS Material: 260D Invista Ballistic Superpack nylon 210D Plain Weave nylon 630D Invista HT Superpack nylon EV50 foam Hypalon trim Spacermesh 6005 M-Bar custom extruded stays HDPE framesheet The SPECS for Regular Weight: 67 oz / 1.9 g Volume: 1831 cubic inches / 30 liter The SPECS for Tall Weight: 74 oz / 2.1 g Volume: 2136 cubic inches / 35 liter Care Instructions Surface clean only This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The Arc'teryx Miura 30 Backpack's multiple access points and internal gear loops keep your climbing gear organized so you can rack up quickly and get on your route. This mid-size crag pack holds enough gear for a day of sport or trad climbing, and it includes two external straps to carry your rope so that your lifeline doesn't hog all the room inside.

Arc'teryx Miura 30

The Arc'teryx Miura 30 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 14, 2013 at Appalachian Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.