Arc'teryx Naos 85

men's Short Regular Tall
Weight 2.8 kg / 99 oz 2.9 kg / 102 oz 3 kg / 106 oz
Capacity 82 L / 5004 cu in, extends to 92 L / 5614 cu in 85 L / 51 87 cu in, extends to 93 L / 5675 cu in 88 L / 5370 cu in, extends to 96 L / 5858 cu in
Materials 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee

I love this big pack. I was looking for a pack that…

Price Paid: About 400$

I love this big pack. I was looking for a pack that will be big, but not crazy big and will carry well 30KG and more. I have it with me for 2 years now and it's looking good! I used it almost every day for 6 months.

This pack carries great! When I go with 20-25KG I hardly feel it at all! I don't think you can really not feel 30-35KG but it still carry great and I can keep on going for hours with no need to take it off case sore shoulders etc. And this is what I want from a pack!

The way it build: I been out with it in the rain, and it stay dry. Not crazy rain, but good rain and snow, also left it outside of my tent few times at night. Waterproof or watertight – I don't mind, everything stays dry inside. The fabric is robust and nothing shows on it.

Not the same with the straps – I would say they are too soft for the long run – already shows some signs of wear.

The mono frame is great! No wonder they now use it on their new packs! The same apply to the hipbelt with the load transfer disk – till you try it on with heavy weight you just can't understand how go it feel!

The first thing I did with my pack when I got it was a weekend trip and I had it full with beer on top of my gear – 35KG out of the box (I only weight 70GK!) – Just play with the load transfer straps and you feel how everything sits in place – the hipbelt will move with you or sit nice and firm.

My problem with it is that also in size S; I think that the hipbelt is too wide! I'm just in between S-M and find S to be better with for me with most packs, but this hipbelt is tiny bit too wide and sometimes dig in – if I wear it too low it sit on my bum and too high goes to my ribs and belly. I don't think most folk will have problems with it, but you never know.

The total weight VS size is great and when you think how much you can carry with it! So I am super happy with this pack, and it is my to go pack when needs come for a pack that size!

Arc'teryx Naos 85

$650.00 (men's)

The Arc'teryx Naos 85 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 19, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.