Arc'teryx Naos 85

Short Regular Tall
Weight 2.8 kg / 99 oz 2.9 kg / 102 oz 3 kg / 106 oz
Capacity 82 L / 5004 cu in, extends to 92 L / 5614 cu in 85 L / 51 87 cu in, extends to 93 L / 5675 cu in 88 L / 5370 cu in, extends to 96 L / 5858 cu in
Materials 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee 420ACT fabric, Spacermesh™, 7075 aluminum stays, Kydex® frameshee

I love this big pack. I was looking for a pack that…

Price Paid: About 400$

I love this big pack. I was looking for a pack that will be big, but not crazy big and will carry well 30KG and more. I have it with me for 2 years now and it's looking good! I used it almost every day for 6 months.

This pack carries great! When I go with 20-25KG I hardly feel it at all! I don't think you can really not feel 30-35KG but it still carry great and I can keep on going for hours with no need to take it off case sore shoulders etc. And this is what I want from a pack!

The way it build: I been out with it in the rain, and it stay dry. Not crazy rain, but good rain and snow, also left it outside of my tent few times at night. Waterproof or watertight – I don't mind, everything stays dry inside. The fabric is robust and nothing shows on it.

Not the same with the straps – I would say they are too soft for the long run – already shows some signs of wear.

The mono frame is great! No wonder they now use it on their new packs! The same apply to the hipbelt with the load transfer disk – till you try it on with heavy weight you just can't understand how go it feel!

The first thing I did with my pack when I got it was a weekend trip and I had it full with beer on top of my gear – 35KG out of the box (I only weight 70GK!) – Just play with the load transfer straps and you feel how everything sits in place – the hipbelt will move with you or sit nice and firm.

My problem with it is that also in size S; I think that the hipbelt is too wide! I'm just in between S-M and find S to be better with for me with most packs, but this hipbelt is tiny bit too wide and sometimes dig in – if I wear it too low it sit on my bum and too high goes to my ribs and belly. I don't think most folk will have problems with it, but you never know.

The total weight VS size is great and when you think how much you can carry with it! So I am super happy with this pack, and it is my to go pack when needs come for a pack that size!

Visit Arc'teryx's Naos 85 page.

The Arc'teryx Naos 85 Backpack is big and beautiful. This weather resistant Naos 85 has the carrying capacity for monumental expeditions. Fortified with a larger double-ring Load Transfer Disc and a two-point side stabilizer, as well as broader hipbelts for heavy load comfort. Bonded to the integrated MonoFrame is the adjustable GridLock shoulder strap system, which ensures an optimal fit and ultimate comfort.

- CampSaver.com

The Naos 85 Backpack represents the obvious choice for carrying big loads in extremely wet environments. This heavy-duty hauler features durable, weather-resistant fabric, fully taped seams, and a roll-top closure to ensure you gear stays as dry as possible no matter the weather. With more than 5,000 cubic inches of cargo capacity, the Naos 85 Backpack easily holds enough gear to keep you going for a week or more.

The colossal Naos 85 Backpack from ARCTERYX is an extremely efficient, waterproof, expedition-ready trekking pack that carries by transferring the load to your hips instead of just your shoulders - saving your back and the day during any long trekking adventure.

- Mountain Gear

Going on an expedition? The Arc'teryx Naos 85 Backpack is engineered for those monster loads that need to be stabilized with an oversized double-ring Load Transfer Disc(TM), six external compression straps, two-point side stabilizer, and a broad pivoting hipbelt with an extra set of side-mounted cinch straps. Part of Arcteryx's AC2 (Advanced Composite Construction(TM)) Trekking Series, the Naos 85 is also designed in 420ACT fabric to make it weatherproof, highly durable, and fully seam-sealed for your long haul tendencies. Its' quick action airtight Roll Top(TM) closure keeps gear dry and protected, while WaterTight(TM) external zippers seal things up from the elements. Integrated with a Monoframe(TM) backpanel an Arc'teryx adjustable GridLock(TM) shoulder strap suspension system easily fine-tunes on the go for an optimal fit and ultra comfort. Its' anatomical shape is enhanced with thermoformed shoulder straps and hipbelt to maximize big load comfort. Details such as a removable top lid, Kangaroo pocket, fully accessible side zip, laminated map pocket, and hydration bladder sleeve with HydroPort(TM) help to minimizing the suffer-fest into base camp. With the Arc'teryx Naos 85 Backpack you can go big so that you don't have to go home before it's time.

- Altrec Outdoors

Arc'teryx Men's Naos 85

The Arc'teryx Men's Naos 85 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 19, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.