This is more of a preliminary review, as I have not…

This is more of a preliminary review, as I have not had the chance to take this out in the field.

The pack is well constructed and I love the roll top design--just make sure the plastic rims are tucked in when the sack is closed otherwise they will be a source of extreme discomfort.

The interior and exterior kangaroo pocket is spacious--the one thing I disliked about the RT45 was that the kangaroo pocket was too small. (I would love it if they used some stretch material like Powershield for the exterior pockets.) The packs side pockets will hold a 32oz Nalgene bottle positioned for easy access while carrying the pack.

A few things I dislike about the RT55 are: there is no need for two side zips--this is just unneeded weight, and the straps are too long.