Arc'teryx Silo 30

Regular Tall
Weight 1.4 kg / 49 oz 1.5 kg / 53 oz
Capacity 27 L / 1648 cu in 30 L / 1831 cu in
Materials 210D Plain Weave nylon lining, 420D Invista HT Ripstorm™, 630D Invista HT Superpack nylon reinforcement, Hypalon™ trim, 6061 aluminum stay, HDPE framesheet 210D Plain Weave nylon lining, 420D Invista HT Ripstorm™, 630D Invista HT Superpack nylon reinforcement, Hypalon™ trim, 6061 aluminum stay, HDPE framesheet

Great backpack for winter hiking/ski touring. I've…

Summary

Great backpack for winter hiking/ski touring.

Pros

• Organized
  • Slim

Cons

• Not ultra light weight

I've used this pack on a variety of trips and it performs well all over. Winter is where it shines.

The fabric + zippers are waterproof so snow and rain roll right off. The internal organization makes packing easy. Tools have their place with plenty of room for extra clothing, food, and survival gear. I have not carried my skis but the straps feel very durable.

Hip belt is not much, but since I carry less than 15 pounds it is not critical. Shoulder straps feel great over hours on the trail. Very tough bag I expect to last a long time. I'm 5'9'' and the regular fits my torso perfectly.

Arc'teryx Silo 30

The Arc'teryx Silo 30 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 28, 2013 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new winter pack, check out the best reviewed current models.