Arc'teryx Solo Jacket

Sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight 399 g / 14.1 oz
Fit Athletic fit, Waist length
Materials 2.7 oz ThermaTek™

This is the only synthetic insulation jacket that…

Price Paid: $130 pro-deal

This is the only synthetic insulation jacket that I own, and I love it! The fit is great, short cut, good fit. I'm 178CM and slim and the Small fit me great (one's more – keep in mind it's short).

There is something funny with the face fabric, it's a bit shine, but it sheds water like a champ!

The collar fit well and the pockets are nicely lined. And it's warm!

When you think how small this thing pack – and it pack small = maybe about the size of a 1L Nalgene bottle, just a bit on the squarer side. I like the fact I don't need to worry about it at all, rain etc.

I did had it compress for a long time and I think I can feel that it's not as warm as it used to be – but this is the price you pay for making an mistake – me compressing it for too long, and the fact that it's syntactic and not down. But again, this is the only trade off as much as I can see. I also own a Patagonia P/O down hoody and I think that the Solo is about as warm!

About the fit – it fit well on top of my R1 and under my hardshall – Also size Small!

I know winter is there, and if you need a light warm piece of gear, you better think about the Solo! For me it's more of a winter item, but for people that live in colder places, it can also make a great spring/fall jacket!

Arc'teryx Solo Jacket

The Arc'teryx Solo Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.