Arc'teryx Spear 24
Just received a black Spear 24 I'd purchased online.
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 0
Height of Owner: 69"
Price Paid: $113
Just received a black Spear 24 I'd purchased online. I had to search quite a few stores to find a black Spear 24, must be a popular color.
- Had been trying to replace my old Arc'Teryx Volt Daypack. That was my first Arc’Teryx product and absolutely the best urban daypack I’d ever had.
- Latest Arc'Teryx daypack choices were underwhelming and none resembled the old Volt urban day pack capability or interior bag organization.
Asked Arc'Teryx about their selections and they responded to my e-mail questions promptly. They suggested the Spear 24 as the most similar to the old Volt pack.
- The Spear is advertised as an urban day pack. It is a very poor model for one.
- Small zippers on the pockets that are not easy to find and zip up, but “they are waterproof.”
- Two exterior and one interior pocket that are too small.
- The two exterior pockets have no depth so if you fail to zip up the pockets completely whatever you have in them will (not may) fall out.
- All three pockets are located on top of bag making it top heavy.
- Carry handle is too small, could only get three fingers in it.
- Pack material seemed less durable than the old Volt.
- The front area below the two exterior pockets has some sort of pad to stiffen the lower front part of the bag. Kept looking for a secret zipper or Velcro closure around the lower part of the bag because it seemed like an obvious place for another lower exterior pocket to be located to balance the bag out. But it’s just wasted space.
- Inner CD pocket very small, might hold an MP3 sized player.
- There is an inner “key holder” pocket inside the CD pocket that closes with Velcro. Hard to open and definitely not convenient for taking keys in an out.
- Interior CD pocket covers top of hydration bladder pocket. Assume you’re supposed to run the tube out and around CD pocket then out the tube outlet on top of bag. Seems like sloppy/poor design.
I hate shopping on line.
Here's what other sites are saying:
Not all men can swing the man-purse look fortunately Arc'teryx made the Spear 24 Backpack, so you can carry all your school, bouldering, or party gear around without the whole am-I-pulling-this-off feeling. Burly ballistics nylon holds tough from classrooms to boulder fields, while the thermo-formed back panel takes care of comfort. This 22-liter day pack features a hydration sleeve, an internal music pocket, 2 mesh water bottle pockets, and a removable waistbelt.
- Backcountry Outlet
On Sale. Free Shipping. Arcteryx Spear 24 Pack (Spring 2007) The Spear 24 Pack by Arcteryx is easily applied to any adrenaline activity. Hydration bladder compatibility, liberating narrow profile and logical pocket organization conform to the demands of multi-sport routines.Features: Hydration bladder pocket Dual density shoulder straps Hose clip Internal audio player pocket Key clip 1in./2.5cm removable webbing hipbelt One outside front pocket Padded bottom Thermoformed back panel Two side pockets WaterTight zippers Materials: HDPE framesheet 1260D Ballistic Nylon 630D Superpack nylon Hypalon Size: One size (adjustable) Weight: 980 grams / 35 oz Volume: 24 l / 1460 cu in