Arc'teryx Squamish Hoody

I'd been looking for a decent hooded windshirt for…

Fabric: Nylon
Price Paid: £60

I'd been looking for a decent hooded windshirt for a while, and this seemed to be just the thing I was after. I have a number of softshells, but I wanted something lighter for days when I wouldn't be doing too much technical climbing but wanted something to keep the weather out.

The fabric is lightweight but windproof and showerproof. It also seems fairly tough, although it's not indestructible. I've used it for cycling, running, mountaineering and a bit of climbing. The hood, although simple, is just big enough to fit over a climbing helmet. It has a single pocket on the chest which can hold keys, topo or a small headtorch - the jacket also stuffs into the pocket and has a loop so it can be clipped to a harness.

The only reason I haven't given it top marks is that at 6'1", I find the back a little short - I feel it would be better with a drop tail design.

Otherwise I'm very happy with it - an excellent alternative to heavy softshells!

If you've owned or used an Arc'teryx Men's Squamish Hoody, please share your experience.

Arc'teryx Men's Squamish Hoody