Arc'teryx Squamish Hoody

Sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight 146 g / 5.2 oz
Fit Relaxed fit
Materials Gossamera™—100% Nylon ripstop fabric with water repellant coating

The single best all round piece I have ever purchased.

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

The single best all round piece I have ever purchased. It comes with me everywhere I go.

Pros

• Super compact
  • Water resistant

Cons

• Pricey

I have had this piece for a year now and it comes with me on nearly every trip I do.

I run it and appreciate its weather resistance in cooler rainy conditions. The water beads off so well. And yet running I have no problems with it as it breathes so well you hardly notice it.

I climb with it a love that it's so packable it sits right on my harness with no bother, folds out when I need to cut the bite of a windy day up high.

I hike with it, and when it starts to rain I through this on to avoid the oppressive heat and claminess of a hard shell. It keeps the moisture and breathes like a dream. I'm normally a bit wet by the time I make camp, but within 4 hours in the most damp of conditions it's dried off, and ready to go again.

I even use this on hot mountaineering days when the sun is beating down and I need something water resistant.

This jacket is so lightweight that I always bring it eve if I'm bringing a shell. It's durable, it cuts the wind, but breathes well. It just does it all. A true jack of all trades.

I'd been looking for a decent hooded windshirt for…

Fabric: Nylon
Price Paid: £60

I'd been looking for a decent hooded windshirt for a while, and this seemed to be just the thing I was after. I have a number of softshells, but I wanted something lighter for days when I wouldn't be doing too much technical climbing but wanted something to keep the weather out.

The fabric is lightweight but windproof and showerproof. It also seems fairly tough, although it's not indestructible. I've used it for cycling, running, mountaineering and a bit of climbing. The hood, although simple, is just big enough to fit over a climbing helmet. It has a single pocket on the chest which can hold keys, topo or a small headtorch - the jacket also stuffs into the pocket and has a loop so it can be clipped to a harness.

The only reason I haven't given it top marks is that at 6'1", I find the back a little short - I feel it would be better with a drop tail design.

Otherwise I'm very happy with it - an excellent alternative to heavy softshells!

Visit Arc'teryx's Squamish Hoody page.

The Arc'teryx Squamish Hoody is extremely light and compressible, this full-coverage windshell stows in the chest pocket for ultimate packability. Made with a lightweight yet durable mini-Ripstop textile with mechanical stretch, this hoody features minimal seams and an air permeable PU coating for enhanced wind resistance and temperature regulation. Perfect for rock climbing, hiking and biking, the portable Squamish Hoody saves the day when the weather turns unexpectedly.

- CampSaver.com

The Arc'teryx Squamish Hoody is a light, compressible, hooded jacket with a premium wind resistant fabric that will keep the wind at bay. Lightweight Compressible and packable Wind resistant DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface Adjustable hood drawcords Soft hood brim Adjustable hem drawcord Drop back hem Stows away in its own pocket Chest stow pocket with attachment point

- OMCgear

When the wind whips up a shower on your return loop to the car, pull out the super-lightweight Arcteryx Men's Squamish Hooded Jacket and get back to the trailhead without running for shelter. This wind- and water-resistant shell packs into its own chest pocket and weighs less than a sandwich. The Gossamera fabric is light and packable, but still has a substantial feel so you won't feel like you're wearing a plastic bag, and it actually looks good enough to wear around town.

Free Shipping. Arcteryx Men's Squamish Hoody FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Squamish Hoody Lightweight, nylon ripstop textile with mechanical stretch that resists the wind and has a DWR finish to repel moisture #3 Vislon front zipper with wind flap Low profile StormHood Single chest pocket, stows jacket Elastic and Velcro cuff Hem drawcord can be adjusted to seal out drafts SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Squamish Hoody Weight: 5.5 oz / 155 g Fit: Athletic, hip length Gossamera - 100% nylon This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.