Arc'teryx Tau Jacket

I've been using the Tau Jacket for three years now.

I've been using the Tau Jacket for three years now. Its strengths are that it is windproof, very lightweight and it looks good when you are wearing it. On the downside, I'm really not a fan of the elastic waist on the coat. I'm sure there are people that would argue that this makes it more windproof, but I use this shirt mostly for mountain biking and sometimes for backpacking, and in both cases I find that the elastic causes the shirt to ride up well above my waist.

I also own a Marmot windshirt which is easily one of my favorite and most used pieces of gear. The biggest differences are (a) lack of elastic around the waist and (b) the driclime lining on the Marmot windshirt definitely makes it a warmer garment. The Tau Jacket wins for packability, and use on cooler/windier days. The Marmot jacket wins as the thermometer drops further. I also find that the Marmot shirt works better as a layering piece since it hangs more like a regular shirt.

The one thing I will say for this shirt is that it has been impressively durable. I've taken several falls in rocks on my mountain bike while wearing it, and the shirt is none the worse for it. I have yet to find a personal reason to doubt Arc'teryx quality and the Tau continues that tradition.

Used in the right conditions this shirt is excellent. I just find that I use my Marmot windshirt more.

This jacket is the biggest waste of money. I am a…

Fabric: nylon shell

This jacket is the biggest waste of money. I am a trail runner, backpacker, and climber. I wanted a jacket that would be a nice summer time shell for the rain and to keep the hard winds off of me in the spring, winter, and fall. Well this shell is not designed for rain, so don't buy it for that purpose. The shell did do a decent job in the wind, but I would hope that it would do something good at retailing at over $100 dollars. This jacket is way overpriced and not up to par in design.

Stay warm and protected from bouldering in the A.M. to a sunset jog along the pier in a polished top that has the feel of your favorite technical wear with the Tau Jacket from ARCTERYX. Comfortably casual thanks to smooth, durable, and stretchy, Polartec Wind Pro, it breathes and repels exterior elements with ease.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Arcteryx Men's Tau Jacket DECENT FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Tau Jacket Moisture-resistant outer face fabric Windproof Breathable Insulated Durable DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface Flatlocked seams lie flat for added comfort Two hand pockets with laminated zippers Two chest pockets with hidden zippers Full front zip with chin guard We are not able to ship Arcteryx products outside the US because of that other thing. The SPECS Weight: Medium: 1 lb 2.2 oz / 515 g Fit: Trim fit, waist length Materials: Polartec Wind Pro with Hard face Technology - midweight, Schoeller Dynamic GNS-nylon/spandex blend Style: Jackets Hardfleece, Mid Layer/Sweaters Hardfleece Activity: All Around / Hiking / Rock Climbing This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The Arc'teryx Tau Jacket blends high performance wind-blocking fleece, a trim, technical cut and timeless style. Made from Polartec Wind Pro with Hardface Technology, a smooth-faced fleece that blocks most of the wind the Tau Jacket is an ideal midweight layer or wear it as a jacket during high output aerobic activities in cold conditions. The Tau Jacket also has a timeless style that will surly make it one of your favorite jackets when the weather starts to get chilly. Arc'teryx Tau Jacket Features: Hip length Full front zip with chin guard Two hand pockets with laminated zippers Two chest pockets DWR finish Materials: Polartec Wind Pro with Hardface Technology - midweight Schoeller Dynamic Weight: 515 g / 18.2 oz (M)

- OMCgear

Stand up to the demands of nature in the Arc'teryx Men's Tau Jacket. This highly durable, insulated jacket blocks 4 times more wind than traditional fleece yet maintains 85% of the breathability. The Polartec(R) Wind Pro(R) with Hardface(R) Technology encourages stand alone use while the mechanical stretch is designed for unhindered mobility. Whether you're rock climbing or hiking through the back country, the Arc'teryx Tau Jacket for men provides durable, wind-resistant warmth.

- Altrec Outdoors

Description of Arcteryx Tau JacketDriven by innovation, ARCTERYX was founded to build better gear. They didnt just focus on incremental advancements, but on radically improving the status quo. They began with climbing harnesses and then proceeded to tackle packs and apparel with the same single-minded obsession for creating the lightest, best performing, and highest quality products available. To realize their vision theyve created groundbreaking new construction technology, developed paradigm-shifting designs and harnessed major fabric technology developments. Highly durable, wind resistant, insulated jacket. The Tau Jacket is made with Polartec Wind Pro with Hardface Technology, a smooth-faced fleece that blocks 4 times more wind than traditional fleece yet maintains 85 of the breathability. This highly durable textile encourages stand-alone use, the trim patterning layers without bulk, and mechanical stretch provides mobility.FeaturesMoisture-resistant outer face fabricWindproofBreathableInsulatedDurableDWR finish Durable Water Repellent helps bead water from fabric surfacePocket ConfigurationTwo hand pockets with laminated zippersTwo chest pockets with hidden zippersFull front zip with chinguard

- US Outdoor Store

Arc'teryx Tau Jacket

The Tau Jacket has been discontinued.

The Arc'teryx Tau Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.