Arc'teryx Theta SV Bib

All in all, an absolute 5-star product. I've been…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Gore)

Summary

All in all, an absolute 5-star product.

• Stylish

I've been using these pants for three years now and have nothing but positive words to say. I use them in a variety of sports, activities and conditions, but primarily for mountaineering, and backcountry and resort skiing.

They are incredibly durable and, after three years of use, are still in great shape. All the high-wear areas are reinforced with stronger fabric or extra stitching and this extra quality has made a huge difference.

The different size and inseam options also make for an excellent fit. I have a short inseam and had not previously found shell pants that fit me satisfactorily. These do and it is a pleasure not to have extra fabric hanging down over my boots.

The full length zipper allows me to regulate temperature very effectively and seals out water without any issues.

The only critique I have is that I wish the pants came with a small strap to tie the internal gaiters around the bottom of the boot. This would be a nice addition, as the internal gaiters do have rivet holes for such a strap.

All in all, an absolute 5-star product.

As a disclaimer, I am affiliated with Gore for product testing of Gore-tex products for the purpose of product review and recommendation. I do receive items from Gore for these purposes.

Bomber bibs...packable, waterproof, light, and super…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Kept it.)

Summary

Bomber bibs...packable, waterproof, light, and super durable.

Pros

• Durability
  • Waterproof
  • Articulation

Cons

• Tight in crotch

As a member of Gore MountainTechs, I have the opportunity to field test GORE-TEX gear in some of the harshest conditions...and these bibs are amazing.

They're lightweight and packable, yet thick enough to stand up to tough abrasion on rock/ice. They articulate well in the knee and hip, but can sometimes bunch up in the crotch when high stepping...just the nature of the beast with bibs.  That is truly the only con I can think of with these things.

Extremely waterproof, have had no issues.  Would recommend layering in very cold conditions, but overall excellent bibs!

Great for winter activities. I have used these for…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Kept it)

Summary

Great for winter activities.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Cuffs too tight

I have used these for winter mountaineering and backcountry skiing. The fabric is thin but has been really durable when skiing through the trees. I really like the pockets on the bid for storing small items.

The only issue I have with the pants is that the cuffs are really tight around my ski boots. On the bright side, no snow gets in.

I am 5'11", a 180 lbs with a 34" waist and a large fits good.

If you've owned or used an Arc'teryx Theta SV Bib, please share your experience.

Arc'teryx Theta SV Bib