Arc'teryx Theta SV Jacket

Sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight 549 g / 1 lb 3.4 oz
Fit XPD Expedition fit, Thigh length
Materials 480N GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 3L

Best waterproof jacket on the market. I bought this…

Price Paid: £550

Summary

Best waterproof jacket on the market.

Pros

• Well-made
  • Waterproof
  • Good ventilation
  • Warm

Cons

• Pricey
  • Slightly heavier than other products

I bought this product at full price before a three-day camping trip. I am very glad I did. While trying to cook dinner for two hungry children, the heavens opened and the rain came down in buckets. The jacket was ideal — it kept me completely dry and I was able to cook in comfort and warmth in the rain. The hood is generously proportioned, keeping water off the face and away from the eyes. The jacket itself is long on the waist and again this aids activities in the rain.

The garment adjusts to all of my needs. I bought it slightly large to allow for layering. I have used it multiple times now in rainy downpours and it is now my jacket of choice. The fit and finish is excellent — real quality and attention to detail. I compared it carefully to other jackets on the rail and there was no comparison in terms of construction and durability.

The major downside is price. This jacket cost more than I could have paid for a near-equivalent competitor. I justify the cost by wearing my jacket as often as I need to — in my part of the world it rains a lot. I also would not want to take chances on equipment when taking the kids camping. It suits my needs, but I am aware that it might not suit others.

Would I recommend this product to others? Of course, but do look around for bargains and ensure ultimate value for money if you can. For what it is worth, my next purchase will be Arc'teryx waterproof trousers to match.

I was extremely hesitant to pay this much for a piece…

I was extremely hesitant to pay this much for a piece of clothing. However after getting it and wearing it for a while, I have no regrets.

It is a very well made product that I believe will last me many years of enjoyment/use. The fit seems just right for layers and still leave room for movement. The zippers are great and ventilation is as well.

Awesome jacket.

This is without question one of the best garments…

Fabric: Gore tex

This is without question one of the best garments I have ever owned for every temp, every condition, icy cold or summer cold summer rains on the coast after surfing.

This company prides itself in being the best. I have since switched over all of my gear to Arc'teryx and it is simply the best ever made. Period.

I am a bit biased as I have tried all of the major brands and although this being one of the most expensive, one is paying for top notch quality, made in Canada by enthusiasts which makes me feel better than giving my cash to a Chinese or offshore company who charge almost as much and have fat profit margins. So buying from Arc'teryx is a social decision as well as I would rather support families in this continent.

Visit Arc'teryx's Theta SV Jacket page.

Free Shipping. Arcteryx Men's Theta SVX Jacket FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Theta SVX Jacket Waterproof Snow-shedding Windproof Breathable Highly durable Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight Laminated high-strength hanger loop DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface Taped seams for added weatherproofness GORE-TEX three layer construction Generous cut for easy layering Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility Articulated elbows No-lift gusseted underarms Expedition with e3D fit for easy layering , svelte profile and functional articulation Helmet compatible StormHood Glove-friendly hood adjusters StromBrim-Laminated brim is longer in length for extra protection from the elements Laminated chin guard WaterTight external zippers Pit zippers for easy venting Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain WaterTight Vislon front zipper with double back flap to ensure weather protection Laminated die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters with elastic Adjustable waist drawcord Drop back hem Adjustable hem drawcord Laminated hem Sleeve pocket with WaterTight zip Internal mesh pocket Chest pocket with laminated zip Two high-volume hand pockets SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Theta SVX Jacket Weight : 550 g / 1 lb 3.4 oz Fit : XPD Expedition fit, with e3D patterning. Thigh length Activity : Ski / Snowboard / Alpine Climbing / Hiking / Trekking Material : N80p-X GORE-TEX(R) Pro 3L

With a helmet-compatible storm hood, thigh-length coverage and a roomy, expedition fit, the Arc'teryx Theta SVX is a fully featured jacket designed for even the harshest conditions in the backcountry.

An unexpected storm hits the mountains on your day off, and you're stoked because you have the Arc'teryx Men's Theta SVX Jacket to keep you dry while you ski through the fluff. A waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro membrane, fully taped seams, and WaterTight external zippers shrug off the wet, and the nylon shell is so durable that you'll ski in this bad boy for many seasons to come. The Expedition e3d fit leaves plenty of room for layering if that blizzard brings the chill, and a longer length extends coverage when you fall right on your ass in the slippery parking lot. The Theta also features a StormHood that slides over your helmet with ease, and an extra long StormBrim rotates with your head for total visibility on the slopes. Arc'teryx laminated the hook-and-loop tabs at the cuffs so snow doesn't stick to them, and they seal out that nasty cold front. A drawcord at the hem prevents blustery winds from breezing up your body, and the laminated chin guard won't rub your face raw.

In addition to waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro material, Arc'teryx gave the Men's Theta SV Jacket an extra-long cut to provide even more protection in horrendous weather. Seal the helmet-compatible hood around your noggin, close all the WaterTight zippers, and let the Theta SV Jacket keep you dry through the worst mountain storms. When the weather mellows out a bit, open the Underarm zips and store the hood in the collar to keep from overheating as you take advantage of the break in weather to move your camp up the mountain or enjoy a few laps of powder.

- Backcountry Outlet