Asolo 535

I had an old pair of these boots but wore out the…

Materials: Leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: a couple of dayhikes
Weight: 3lbs

I had an old pair of these boots but wore out the sole pretty fast, about 100 days of hiking backpacking in two years. When I saw the new model had the fat Vibram sole, I said to myself "Just what they needed."

They are really versatile. I've strapped crampons to them and climbed snow gullies and colouirs in Colorado. But it's time for me to move on to a mountaineering boot, I'm think Asolo Cliffs. I love Asolos, very comfortable and their stay must have been made for my foot (probably the most important factor when buying boots). I give the Asolo 535 my full endorsement and if you want to pay me to say that I will.

Happy Trails

This is a terrific boot. It took a little breaking…

Materials: leather
Use: rough trail with daypack or backpack
Break-in Period: 4 hikes, @ 8 miles each
Weight: 40 lbs.
Price Paid: $160?

This is a terrific boot. It took a little breaking in, but now I have worn them for several years with not a single blister. The pair I have has a Gore-Tex liner and despite many a water logged hike, not a drop has come in.

It's a really heavy boot, but extremely light. Used…

Materials: plastic
Use: heavy pack
Break-in Period: 2-3 weeks
Weight: heavy
Price Paid: $300 Canadian

It's a really heavy boot, but extremely light. Used it on lots of technical ice and a bit of rock. Too stiff for french technique, but great support for the ankle.

The most waterproof boot I've ever owned, totaly submersible. All around a good boot.

If you've owned or used an Asolo 535, please share your experience.

Asolo 535

The Asolo 535 is not available from the stores we monitor.