Asolo AFX 530

These boots are definitely defective. I am a hiker…

These boots are definitely defective. I am a hiker with 30 years experience and have never ever owned a boot that fell apart, soles delaminating, so suddenly and dramatically on the trail.

I was backpacking with a fairly light load of 20 lbs in light rain wearing 3-year-old Asolos. They had no noticeable tread wear and the uppers were still in beautiful condition with no cuts. 7 miles in, the right sole detached, both front and rear, only the glue in the middle intact. Used nylon cord from my emergency pack to tie sole to boot.

Had been sloshing thru some mud, but come on...  Finished hike next day, another 8 mi and just short of trailhead saw toe of left boot beginning delamination process.

Bought these boots to replace previous Asolos that never failed in 10 years. — in fact there was nothing wrong with them, I just thought for safety's sake 10-year boots should be replaced. There's an accident waiting to happen here, and someone may get hurt.

Soles just disintegrated...so disappointed. I loved…

Summary

Soles just disintegrated...so disappointed.

Pros

• beautiful design
  • very comfortable

Cons

• soles disintegrated and fell apart and could not be repaired

I loved these boots in terms of comfort and looks. I paid a lot of money for them and I too had the sole just disintegrate hiking in Utah on a vacation. I was so disappointed. Tried repairing them but the rest of the sole on both boots started falling apart.

I loved these boots in all other ways and can't find any I loved as much.  Such a disappointment and from a company one thought could be trusted. I am frustrated.

rated 2.00 of 5 stars All AFX 530 versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 20 reviews for other versions of the AFX 530. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used an Asolo Women's AFX 530, please share your experience.

Asolo Women's AFX 530

The Women's AFX 530 has been discontinued.

The Asolo Women's AFX 530 is not available from the stores we monitor.