Asolo Axis

After years of trudging around in boots and shoes…

Use: Walking, short hikes, moderate climbs
Break-in Period: Just hours
Price Paid: Far less than list

After years of trudging around in boots and shoes that were too heavy, I was prepping for a trip to England, and thought "I love my Merrell trail shoes, but maybe trail running shoes would be the way to go". Better shock absorption, lighter weight, cool!

I spotted the Asolo Axis in the Closeouts on Sierra Trading Post, and ordered a pair. When they got here, I ordered another pair, in a different color. I took one pair to the UK, walked and hiked all over, and when I got home, I ordered a pair of the equivalent women's style for my best friend, since we were headed to the UK together in 6 months. She loved them, I love both of my pairs, they wear great, the waterproofing is still good, and after 5+ years, no problems at all.

I feel bad for Nathaniel, but his pair must be an aberration. My only problem is that one of my cats shredded one lace. Asolo doesn't sell replacements, and REI and the other outdoor shops in my area also don't stock quality laces, so I had to buy them unseen off Ebay.

I bought this shoe for a trip to Europe and had put…

Materials: synthetic
Use: short dayhikes
Break-in Period: 2-3 days
Weight: 150 lbs
Price Paid: @ $85

I bought this shoe for a trip to Europe and had put only about 30-35 miles on them. In the past year or so I have only worn them to work and shopping so estimate another 20-25 miles. The welt on both sides absolutely separated for about 3-4 inches. I wouldn't buy these again.

Asolo Axis

The Axis has been discontinued.

The Asolo Axis is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 8, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.