Asolo Contour XCR

A great shoe. These have been one of the best hiking…

Summary

A great shoe.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Wore through sole

These have been one of the best hiking shoes I have ever had. They are very similar to the Merrell Moab. I have used them for day-to-day use and light hiking. The durability is great. They offer a bit more cushion than the Merrell Moab but are not quite as breathable.

They fit true to size and width.

As a disclaimer, I am affiliated with Gore for product testing of Gore-tex products for the purpose of product review and recommendation. I do receive items from Gore for these purposes.

I've had these shoes for over one year now, and they…

Use: dayhikes (4-14 miles)
Break-in Period: 1 month daily wear

I've had these shoes for over one year now, and they have accompanied me on many miles, whether it be over backcountry or through urban jungle. Mostly they have been used for day hikes with a good amount of elevation change (Northern CA/Sierras).

They are sturdy, waterproof, and not too heavy. The workmanship seems to be quite superb, although it will take several more years of use before I can truly state that they are bomb-proof.

The one issue that I have with these shoes is that they are not extremely breathable, and my feet can get hot in them on the warmer days. Other than that, these shoes fit well and perform well. Enjoy.

I own an assortment of Salomon trail runners/hikers,…

I own an assortment of Salomon trail runners/hikers, Keens, Asolo, Keen and Vasque backpacking boots. I've had these Asolo Contour GTX's for two days and had to force myself to take them off for bed.

I slid a set of Spenco polysorb dayhiker insoles in and fits like they were designed for them. Plenty of room for aftermarket insoles and that's a really, really, really good thing! Can't say that for many low-cuts. Many low-cuthikers won't allow for a beefy insole.

Hiking boots with an athletic cut...spectacular. My new favorites!!!

If you've owned or used an Asolo Contour XCR, please share your experience.

Asolo Contour XCR

The Contour XCR has been discontinued.

The Asolo Contour XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 20, 2014 at Sierra Trading Post.

size 6,5-10 US size 10,5-14 US
Upper Water resistant suede mm 1,4-1,6 + Polyester
Inner lining Gore-Tex (XCR 3 layers)
Lasting board Dynamic Asosorb man B Dynamic Asosorb man C
Anatomic footbed Lite 1
Sole Asolo Motion (rubber-eva)
Weight Gr 480 (1/2 pair size 8,5 US)
Size Men’s 8-12, 13, 14 US