I have owned the Asolo Defender XCR for about a week…

Materials: gore-tex
Break-in Period: daily wear and rock walking stream-side
Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.

I have owned the Asolo Defender XCR for about a week now. I found they run a bit small for the size they are marked. I suppose if I were going on a strenuous hike with rugged terrain that would be something I would like. I wear these shoes every day and chose one size larger than my normal size, glad I did.

I bought this type of shoe for fishing in New Hampshire. Where I go is a mix of granite, sandstone and loose sand along the river. I find them very comfortable, super light-weight with good traction on the mixed terrain. They keep my feet dry when I step into the water to retrieve a trout.

The only other thing that I found is they are very warm on my feet. I actually checked to see if I had mistakenly purchased an insulated model. I probably won't be wearing these in the summer, but for fall and spring, these are going to be my go-to shoe.

I hope this helps you decide if this is the hiking shoe for you. I would recommend them, keeping in mind my experience.