Asolo Defender XCR

I have owned the Asolo Defender XCR for about a week…

Materials: gore-tex
Break-in Period: daily wear and rock walking stream-side
Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.

I have owned the Asolo Defender XCR for about a week now. I found they run a bit small for the size they are marked. I suppose if I were going on a strenuous hike with rugged terrain that would be something I would like. I wear these shoes every day and chose one size larger than my normal size, glad I did.

I bought this type of shoe for fishing in New Hampshire. Where I go is a mix of granite, sandstone and loose sand along the river. I find them very comfortable, super light-weight with good traction on the mixed terrain. They keep my feet dry when I step into the water to retrieve a trout.

The only other thing that I found is they are very warm on my feet. I actually checked to see if I had mistakenly purchased an insulated model. I probably won't be wearing these in the summer, but for fall and spring, these are going to be my go-to shoe.

I hope this helps you decide if this is the hiking shoe for you. I would recommend them, keeping in mind my experience.

Asolo Defender XCR

The Defender XCR has been discontinued.

The Asolo Defender XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 22, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.