I have been hiking short-medium walks for approximately…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: Anything!
Break-in Period: Nil
Weight: Not sure - medium (not extremely heavy)
Price Paid: AUD $399

I have been hiking short-medium walks for approximately 15 years. I started out my trekking experience with the rugged Scarpa boots that all my hiking friends owned and loved... After 2 feet almost totally covered in blisters from a 2-3 day hike 4 years on (and every experience was similar to this from teh moment I wore them), I was convinced they were not ever going to be worn in!

I looked around and found Asolo from recommendation from my sister. I have never looked back!! Their gore-tex is fabulous - no more rubbing wax into them and blowdrying them to heat the wax in. No more double eyelets at the top that are fussy, but instead a wonderfully comfortable and durable boot! Good for rock hopping, stable on uneven surfaces (high enough around the ankle) and so soft that you don't have to wear them in!

I have worn them probably 50+ days of hiking over 5 years and it is only on my last day walk last week I realized that my much beloved boots have finally come to an end - the sole has worn through... That may be the only reason this is a 4.5 star and not 5 star... you may not be able to replace the sole. Shame... we've grown close!

Love them and will endeavour to buy the same again - if they still make them that is!