I own the women's version of these... they are the…

Materials: leather, gore-tex
Use: light/moderate hiking
Break-in Period: under a week
Price Paid: $175 new

I own the women's version of these... they are the best hiking boots i have ever owned (and believe me, i've tried them all)..i had a little bit of trouble breaking these boots in at first, until i realized that i need to be standing when i tie them up. When lacing them while sitting down, i was not getting the laces tight enough around my ankles, and as a result, my foot would slip on steep terrain. However, after starting to lace them while standing, i get great stability around my ankles, and no more slippage.

I've had these boots for almost two years, and they still look brand new and perform great, even after beating the hell out of them. Watertight seams (i'm always the one walking through the water, while everyone else finds a way around it), and they stay surprisingly warm for a lightweight boot, even extreme conditions.

Bottom line, i bought another pair of these, i love them!

Sarah

www.insanart.com

Asolo Women's FSN 80

The Women's FSN 80 has been discontinued.

The Asolo Women's FSN 80 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax