Asolo MTF 700

I love this boot. Bought it on a clearance rack in…

Use: Mountaineering

I love this boot. Bought it on a clearance rack in Carson City. Have worn it on Mt. Shasta and numerous smaller mountains in CA. Very cormfortble, stock footbed should be replaced (flimsy). Have used them for alpine travel and low end ice climbing. I had to size them bigger than normal. I have a US 12 and normally wear an 11.

I bought this boot a) because I was destroying my…

Materials: Leather - Nubuck type and some man made woven material
Use: Rough Trail, Mountaineering
Break-in Period: None
Weight: 4 lbs
Price Paid: $250 Can

I bought this boot a) because I was destroying my Cliff's on rock and this boot has comprehensive rands b) it was an sale and c) it fit so sweetly, like an ultra stiff running shoe. I wore them around the house a bit and seconding on a couple of rock climbs. They kept my feet warm on belay and allowed me to carry the pack. Edging and jamming in stiff boots is phenomenal. Their first real trial came on a long day up unremitting snow and ice. Maybe I have strong feet and ankles from rock climbing but I totally forgot about my feet. At the end of the day, I had no blisters, and only one warm spot on my heel that went away as soon as the crampons went on. Phenomenal. I have no idea how these boots will last. The leather is difficult to treat. I put in Your Sole Orthotic footbeds. Maybe that accounts for the lack of blisters. The stock footbed is pretty cheap and flimsy. The lacing system has the same pulleys as the Cliff but is even better. Super comfortable. I don't think the Vibram sole is as good as the Cliff. Too bad, but it's still better than most hiking boots. This is not a boot for nice trails, too stiff, it's for rough or off trail or low mountains. It's pretty warm, but I wouldn't bet on it for the "wet coast."

Asolo MTF 700

The MTF 700 has been discontinued.

The Asolo MTF 700 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.